Drunk Driver Sues Victim’s ParentsNovember 16th, 2010 - 2:26 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hartford, Nov 15 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A drunk driver knocked and killed a young teenager. What is more, the man is rubbing it in by suing the parents of the victim for being the cause of the accident.
David Weaving, 48 years is currently serving 10 years in jail for the accident. He has also been sued by the parents of the victim of the accident and it seems he wants to turn that around. Weaving is accusing the parents for allowing their son to ride a bicycle in the street without a helmet and therefore he is holding them liable.
The late Matthew Kenney was killed on the 27th of April 2007 and shortly after a jury found Weaving guilty of manslaughter and other crimes, Matthew’s parents, Stephen and Joanne felt justice have not been served and is asking the court to make Weaving pay more than $15,000 in damages.
Weaving however feel that he is rather the victim in the circumstances and in the suit claiming that if the parents of the victim had “complied with the responsibilities of a parent and guardian and the laws of this state and not allowed their son to ride his bicycle without a helmet… this incident and Matthew’s death would not have happened.”
- Robin Williams pulled over for biking - Apr 20, 2011
- Orangutan rides bicycle to promote cycling safety - Aug 15, 2011
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton (Lead) - Mar 11, 2012
- Man shoots son dead over serving mutton - Mar 11, 2012
- Australian man dies after being arrested - May 28, 2011
- Apex court wants just relief to road accident victims (Lead) - Dec 08, 2011
- Hovding Airbag Cyclist Helmet goes on sale - Aug 20, 2012
- Tamil Nadu minister's son dies in accident - Jun 25, 2012
- Helmets must for bikers, pillion riders: Transport minister (Goa Newsletter) - Sep 01, 2012
- 2,700 students killed in China road accidents in 2011 - Jun 02, 2012
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- Women two-wheeler riders may have to wear helmets - Jul 04, 2011
- Mexicans ride bikes to avoid traffic jams - Sep 03, 2012
- 10 people killed during Holi revelry in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 02, 2010
- Barack Obama's helmetless bike ride sparks controversy - Aug 29, 2009