Driver swerves to avoid moose, hits bear insteadAugust 17th, 2012 - 8:39 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Oslo, Aug 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A tragedy took place on a rural road located near Hanestad. The city of Hanestad is located 225 kilometers from the Northern side of Oslo. A man who was driving saw a moose on the road and decided to avoid hitting it but to his surprise a bear was just near by.
When he missed the moose he met the bear in a head on collision. It was a very rare and astonishing incident that scared many considering that bears are rarely found hovering around that area. This whole accident happened during midnight. The man lost speed thinking that he will escape the moose but to his surprise he collided with a bear which was just nearby the road.
The news concerning the accident spread fast and the game rangers came to the rescue of both the man and the bear. They said that the bear was deeply injured internally because they found traces of blood that directly indicated that there are some forms of internal injuries. The man however, managed to come out safely without securing any major injury. The man escaped the collision just in time before the condition worsened. His car is the other property that was damaged heavily.
Along the Norway’s rugged mountain it is considered to be populated with the wildlife. According to the recent statistics it was said that there is an estimation of 150 brown bears and 100,000 moose.
- 11 dead in bomb and gun attack in Norway (Third Lead) - Jul 23, 2011
- Norway killer's German lover deported - Apr 20, 2012
- Thane official killed in road accident - Oct 19, 2010
- Aaron Denham wakes up from coma & makes a miraculous recovery - Aug 22, 2011
- 24 injured in China train accident - Aug 24, 2012
- Bolt escapes unhurt in a minor car crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Dwayne Bravo injured in car accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Injured Olic's Euro 2012 in doubt - Jun 04, 2012
- India condemns 'senseless' violence in Norway - Jul 24, 2011
- Injured Malayalam comedian's health improves - Mar 11, 2012
- Six killed as trailer rams autorickshaw in Bengal - Jul 09, 2010
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Driver hits a deer in rally motorcycle, yet drives on - Aug 10, 2012
- Norway's killer could be jailed only 21 years - Jul 25, 2011