Dog killed for chewing on BibleJanuary 26th, 2011 - 12:15 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Columbia, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A South Carolina woman claims that she had instruction from God to kill an ‘evil’ dog that ate her Bible.
65-year-old Miriam Fowler Smith hung and burned her nephew’s one year old pit bull. She afterwards told the police that her act was a divine instruction from God to kill the “devil dog” before it attacks and kills the children in their neighborhood.
The police were not convinced and subsequently arrested Fowler for animal cruelty. She has been refused bail and she is currently being held at the Spartanburg County jail.
If she is convicted of the charge of felony animal cruelty, she could face up to five years behind bars for the offence. The least term she could serve in jail for the offence is 180 days. Her mental state will determine her punishment if she is found guilty.
Fowler does not currently have a lawyer and in her cautioned statement to the police, she revealed that she strangled the canine with an extension cord before she hung it on a tree and set it on fire for eating her Bible.
The dog’s owner is Fowler’s nephew, Andy Fowler. When he confronted his aunt about the dog, she told him what had happened. A complaint was lodged with the police.
- Woman Killed Pit Bull Dog for Chewing on Bible - Jan 26, 2011
- Man jailed for eating cats - Feb 16, 2012
- Debasree Roy toils to make Kolkata a better place for stray animals - Aug 28, 2010
- Humane Society Recommends South Carolina To Veto Bear Baying - Aug 24, 2010
- Belgian Malinois Death Case Haunts Former Police Sergeant - Jul 29, 2010
- Man jailed for beating dog to death - Aug 17, 2012
- World's oldest dog Pusuke dies at the age of 26 years - Dec 08, 2011
- Watson clears the air over pink dog - Jun 27, 2012
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- US girl, 4, dies of 'extreme alcohol poisoning' - Jan 30, 2011
- Dog 'Saira' has sex change - Dec 21, 2010
- Kentucky Finds Three Skinned Dogs On The Road - Feb 06, 2011
- 'Superdog' To Enable Dogs To Be Guided Remotely To Undertake Risky And Dicey Tasks - Jan 20, 2011
- Teen collapses after 5-days of gaming marathon - Aug 09, 2012