Doctors sew up forceps inside patient in KentAugust 9th, 2012 - 9:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Kent, Aug 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A patient recently underwent surgery in Kent and he was surprised when the doctors found a pair of forceps inside his tummy after the surgery. This was a week after his surgery and it looks like the doctors who performed the surgery forgot the forceps inside his body.
The patient had undergone an emergency operation for the appendix when the eight-inch long forceps were left inside his tummy. The forceps were discovered inside the patient’s tummy when he went to the hospital to have a follow-up check up after the surgery.
This is not the first time that something like this has happened as doctors have in the past been known to leave their instruments in patient’s bodies. It is time that doctors became more careful as they dealt with patients to avoid things like these since they are a danger to the lives of patients. What could have happened if the patient had not gone for the routine check up and the forceps found? This is not something that we would like to think of, as it could have been a fatal case for the patients. In as much as some surgeries might be emergencies and need to be done in a hurry, it is important that doctors be very careful in everything that they do.
- Machine brings new hope for cancer patients (With Images) - Jun 19, 2011
- Boxer Danny Green recovering in Perth hospital after appendix surgery - Jan 06, 2011
- In Brazil, baby's head accidentally torn off during delivery - May 20, 2012
- Indian doctors remove embedded bullet from Nigerian man - Jul 17, 2011
- Roberts recovering from appendix surgery - Oct 15, 2011
- Tonsils, appendix removal linked to premature heart risk - Jun 01, 2011
- Gastric bypass surgery linked to increased fracture risk - Jun 05, 2011
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Cricket ball-size stone removed from man's bladder (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Apex court frowns upon doctor for leaving screw inside patient's body - May 29, 2009
- Bret Michaels discharged from hospital after suffering 'mini stroke' - May 22, 2010
- Alien tumor found inside Californian man - Feb 16, 2011
- Condition of woman injured at Ramlila ground unchanged - Jun 20, 2011
- Star Jones recovering after cardiac surgery - Mar 22, 2010
- 'Fake' nurse who treated 1,400 patients held - Sep 07, 2011