Devon Griffin thought that his slain family was a Halloween jokeNovember 2nd, 2010 - 9:34 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Ottawa, Nov 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When 16-year-old Devon Griffin returned to his home on Sunday afternoon, he felt his family was playing a Halloween trick on him. He found rather tragically that three members of his family were massacred and police are holding a 24-year-old suspect in connection with the murder.
Police are currently holding William Liske Jr. as the prime suspect for the gruesome act. He is the son of William Liske, 56 years old who was also murdered in the act. Other members of the family that were killed were Susan Liske and her son, Derek Griffin. Police say they arrested Liske Jr. some 170 miles away from the scene of the accident and have been preliminary charged with one count of murder.
Police revealed that initial enquiry into the deaths show that they were either killed with bullets or a blunt object. During a press conference to give details of the incident, Ottawa County Sheriff Detective George Byington revealed that Griffin spent the Halloween night at his father’s house. He is not the biological son of Liske. However when he arrived in the house the following day to get ready for church, he found the house somewhat quiet and when he checked his parent’s room, he found the gruesome murder. He initially thought it was a Halloween hoax until he realized later that it was real.
- Paralysed man kills wife and son - Feb 03, 2012
- Man found dead in mysterious circumstances - Apr 12, 2011
- Youth shot dead near new house - May 31, 2011
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered - Mar 08, 2011
- Mother of Rajesh Talwar's lawyer murdered (Second Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Newark man acquitted of the 1978 murders - Nov 24, 2011
- Lonnie David Franklin Jr. Arrested On Suspicion Of Being "Grim Sleeper" - Jul 08, 2010
- Valentine's Day fallout: Agra boy killed by classmates - Feb 17, 2012
- Alex King Appears On "Larry King Live" - Jul 23, 2010
- Double murder: Slain woman's lover detained - Feb 04, 2012
- Three die in Jharkhand - Oct 23, 2011
- Aarushi murder: Court rejects father's request for papers (Second Lead) - Jan 21, 2011
- Abducted Pakistani boy strangled to death - Mar 18, 2012
- Girija Vyas writes to home, law minister for Aarushi case - Dec 31, 2010
- Ex-IAF officer, wife murdered (Lead) - Jul 04, 2011
Tags: biological son, blunt object, bullets, byington, county sheriff, detective, devon, griffin, gruesome murder, halloween joke, halloween night, halloween trick, hoax, initial enquiry, members of the family, nov 2, ottawa county, prime suspect, son derek, sunday afternoon