Dead obese woman’s body fat starts fire in a crematoriumJune 6th, 2012 - 8:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Graz, June 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In some bizarre news, a dead obese woman had so much body-fat that it triggered off a fire in the crematorium. The dead woman weighed more than 200 kgs.
Fire-fighters were rushed into the crematorium to control the fire. The fire-fighters tried their level best to control the fire and in this regard they had to wear a special breathing kit. They were trying to stop the fire so that the whole building wasn’t consumed by it. By the time their mission ended they all were covered in sticky grease.
This case received a lot of coverage and since then there has been a call to put a restriction on the weight of the dead bodies. This wouldn’t be the first time that such a thing has been done. Many countries like England and Switzerland already have such a measure in which dead obese people are cremated in special crematoriums.
According to The Daily Mail online, funeral director Christea Bogdan, of Gillman Undertakers, Tooting, south London, said that, “I have never come across such a case. We follow the same procedures as usual for large bodies. We have to check the size in the crematorium to check the person in the coffin will fit in the crematorium.”
- Hindus promote electric cremation in Taj city (Letter from Agra) - Jun 01, 2012
- Now pay 'fat tax' for cremation - Jan 27, 2010
- Rains submerge Delhi crematorium - Sep 12, 2010
- Soon, a fat tax for obese at UK crematoriums - Jan 27, 2010
- Japan builds hotel for the dead! - Sep 14, 2011
- Agra's dilemma over the dead - Apr 04, 2011
- Slain journalist cremated in Mumbai (Lead) - Jun 12, 2011
- Delhi to get modern fire fighting equipment - Nov 30, 2011
- Memorial service for Dev Anand Friday - Dec 13, 2011
- Li Xiufeng wakes up from the dead - Feb 29, 2012
- Chinese can now send off dead pets at disposal plants - Dec 20, 2011
- 'Angel' Amy Winehouse cremated - Jul 27, 2011
- Pune bids tearful adieu to Anuj Bidve (Lead, changing dateline) - Jan 07, 2012
- World's first water cremation centre opening in Australia - Aug 12, 2010
- Brit crematorium planning to freeze-dry, dissolve dead bodies - Jan 04, 2011
Tags: bizarre news, body fat, bogdan, coffin, crematorium, crematoriums, daily mail, dead bodies, dead woman, fire fighters, funeral director, gillman, grease, kgs, obese woman, regard, restriction, south london, switzerland, undertakers