Dead dog offered credit cardFebruary 20th, 2012 - 9:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sarnia, Ontario, Feb 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Capital One has been left embarrassed after the company sent an offer for credit card to a dead dog. A family in Sarnia opened were shocked when they opened the mail and found the offer.
Owner Kelly Sloan says the dog, Spark, died about 10 years ago at the age of 13. Capital One was by fair measure tricked into sending the offer to the dog. Sloan said when her father died in 1999, Capital One kept sending an offer to him.
Sloan said she kept informing the company that the father is dead but the mail kept coming in. Out of spite, Sloan said she filled out a form with the details of Spark to the bank. That seemed to have worked because shortly afterwards, the offer came in the mail.
Sloan joked that, “With the economy the way it is, I can understand they’re becoming a little more lenient than they were as far as passing out credit cards.”
Capital One apologized for the incident saying that, “We do comb through to make sure we’re sending them to the appropriate people, but obviously there’s an error here and we apologize.”
The company however explained that being given an offer did not guarantee that the credit card will be given.
- Chinese can now send off dead pets at disposal plants - Dec 20, 2011
- Subprime credit card offers on the rise - Jan 13, 2011
- Study: Shoppers are ditching their credit cards - Dec 16, 2010
- Sony offers free 30 days membership because of hack attack - May 03, 2011
- Pakistani charged with 14 criminal counts in Canada - Apr 02, 2011
- Beware of Valentine's spam, warns IT security firm - Feb 13, 2012
- Card 2.0 : Credit card of the future is here - Oct 27, 2010
- 13 dogs poisoned to death in Britain - May 30, 2011
- Subprime Credit Card Offers Are On The Rise Offers - Jan 13, 2011
- PETA is unhappy with Mario as he wears a Tanooki suit - Nov 16, 2011
- Littlewoods Facebook TV Christmas advert upsets parents - Nov 25, 2011
- Luxury Hotel for Dogs to Open in New York City - Aug 21, 2012
- Charlize Theron restarts dog collection - Dec 16, 2011
- The politics of dogs - from Chandigarh to the northeast (Punjab Newsletter) - Jul 07, 2012
- Subprime Credit Card Offerings On A Rise - Jan 13, 2011