Court: German bosses can order women to wear bras to workJanuary 13th, 2011 - 9:36 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, Jan 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Female workers in Germany could be ordered by their bosses to wear bras to work.
A labour court in North Rhine-Westphalia ruled that unless the female worker is wearing an undershirt, they could be ordered to wear bra to work. The ruling affects all workers in the state.
That means superiors and bosses now have big say on what they determine as decent dressing. Among the things that bosses can be bossy about are the length of the employee’s fingernails but the polish is entirely the choice of the employee.
On the issue of bra, apart from white or flesh colored bras, all other bright colored bras that may be visible from inside the clothing of the female employee is not allowed under the new ruling.
Workers can however still wear their wigs to work. Male workers were not left out of the ruling. The court ruled that the superiors can order a worker to trim his beard and to be well groomed as the company deems fit.
The State Labour Court issued the ruling on Wednesday. The case was between the airport security agents and their superiors concerning their dress code and grooming.
- Germany Court Ruling States Women Must Wear Bras - Jan 15, 2011
- German court rules bosses can order women to wear bras to work - Jan 13, 2011
- Female staff ordered to wear loose-fitting skirts and flesh-colored underwear by UBS - Dec 16, 2010
- Germany plans to attract more foreign skilled workers - Dec 02, 2011
- German prosecutor shot dead by defendant - Jan 12, 2012
- International judge rules against lawyers' wigs - Apr 19, 2011
- Swiss bank orders female staff to wear loose-fitting skirts, flesh-coloured undies - Dec 16, 2010
- Miami lawyer banned from visiting jail due to metal underwire in her bra! - Jun 13, 2010
- Synagogue opens in German town after 70 years - Mar 15, 2010
- Swiss bank issues non-sexy dress code - Dec 17, 2010
- 'Decent' dress code puts Haryana staff in bind - May 09, 2012
- Pug fashion leads to longer noses and legs - Jul 16, 2012
- Neighbors complain that a deaf couple is too loud - Nov 30, 2011
- Dusseldorf is Etihad's 71st destination - Jul 23, 2011
- Enhanced cleavage makes women more confident: Study - Mar 21, 2012