Couple divorce as wife brings 550 cats into their marital homeMay 29th, 2012 - 8:14 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beersheba, May 29 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An Israeli couple from the town of Beersheba in Southern Israel has divorced last week after the wife decided to keep the 550 cats that she brought back to the pair’s home.
Although her husband was extremely unhappy at his wife’s behavior, the woman refused to get rid of her pets.
The man told the court his wife’s 550 cats in his house were preventing him from leading a normal everyday life.
He was unable to access his own bathroom and kitchen, as the cats got in the way and ate his food as he prepared it. In addition, he claims that the cats did not allow him to get a good night’s sleep because they refused to move out of the overcrowded marital bed. The man claims to feel pushed out of his own home.
Both husband and wife unsuccessfully tried to settle the argument at Israel’s Rabbinical Court. Rather than saving the marriage, the wife refused to part with the 550 felines. The Jewish religion does not allow women to request a divorce. Men are the only ones allowed to make such request.
- She kept her 550 pussies and let hubby go - May 26, 2012
- Israeli Man Searching For Bride After 11th Divorce - Jan 09, 2010
- Israeli Man gets a record 11th divorce - Jan 05, 2010
- For female spies, 'sleeping with enemy is kosher', say rabbis in Israel - Oct 07, 2010
- Israeli Man gets his 11th divorce, looking for his 12th bride - Jan 09, 2010
- After 35-year litigation, couple separates amicably - Mar 10, 2011
- Inmate Has Son after Sneaking Sperm out to Wife - Aug 14, 2012
- Court sets aside divorce granted to man - Apr 11, 2011
- Jewish doctor refuses to operate on Nazi patient - Nov 12, 2010
- Court pulls up parents for meddling in daughter's life - Feb 19, 2011
- Hubby cuts off wife's lips, eats them - May 31, 2012
- Alex Reid wants 50/50 fortune split - Feb 09, 2011
- US court tells pet cat he 'must attend' jury duty or face consequences - Jan 18, 2011
- Kuwaiti women seek divorce from partying husbands - Jul 12, 2011
- Can't ignore kin's evidence in matrimonial dispute: SC - Jul 05, 2012