Couple dial 999 to save their five year old catAugust 19th, 2011 - 11:39 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A couple got the emergency services speeding to their address only to realize that the distress call was to save their 5-year-old cat. The couple called the emergency number, 999, and failed to tell the operator that it was their five year old cat that was in danger. The ambulance was dispatched to the couple’s address at about 6:45 am.
According to the British newspaper Daily Mail, the couple told the operator that their “five-year-old” has had a cardiac arrest. According to the emergency services, calls regarding children are given all the seriousness so they used all their resources to get to the address as soon as possible. They were however disappointed when they got to the address and realized that the call was for the family cat.
A paramedic told the newspaper that, “The 999 situation that raises the adrenaline the most is probably being called to a seriously ill child. It’s human nature. Fast-response cars and ambulances will be driven at the maximum speed for safety to the scene and paramedics will be mentally prepared to offer their immediate professional assistance.”
When they got to the address, the cat was already dead and the paramedics admitted that they were relieved that it was not a human child.
- Couple calls ambulance to save cat - Aug 19, 2011
- VVIP movement, jams biggest roadblocks for Delhi ambulances - Dec 22, 2010
- Mum, paramedics rescue toddler from backyard pool - Mar 17, 2011
- Ambulance knocks down injured biker - Aug 18, 2011
- Tripura to launch 24X7 ambulance service - Jul 28, 2012
- Peter Casaru saved because of Facebook message - Oct 08, 2011
- Charlie Sheen hospitalized with stomach pains 'after night of partying' - Jan 28, 2011
- Man jailed for stealing ambulance in Britain - Dec 17, 2011
- Abdul Sattar Edhi: the salve on Pakistan's wounds - Dec 04, 2011
- Ant bite nearly kills man - Nov 03, 2010
- Texas man rescued after becoming stuck in chimney - Nov 29, 2011
- Missouri woman pays fine for calling 911 about the collapse of her dog - Jun 07, 2012
- 2yr-old saves mum's life after learning how to dial 999 on TV show! - Jul 15, 2009
- London holds pre-Olympics terror attack drill - Feb 23, 2012
- Man calls 911 over a wrong sandwich - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: adrenaline, ambulance, ambulances, cardiac arrest, cars, daily mail, dial 999, distress call, emergency number, emergency services, family cat, human nature, ill child, london, maximum speed, paramedic, paramedics, professional assistance, seriousness