Couple Buys Real Human Skeleton at Yard Sale!October 13th, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Oct 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) When Judith and Mitchell Fletcher set out on their trip to yard sales of the area, on the lookout for Halloween decorations, they had no idea what a surprise they were in for. As they paid eight dollars for a box of scary Halloween decor at a yard sale which was being held in Brandon Florida, they still had no clue.
It was not until they got the box home, and looked at the contents closely that they realized that they had actually purchased a box of bones…human bones. The kind human skeletal remains are made of.
Although the story sounds like the plot from “Bones”, this case was very real. They took the box to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, and detectives transferred the bones to the medical examiner who stated that the bones were indeed human.
They came from a professionally prepared skeleton, such as is used by doctors and colleges. Since state law prohibits people from owning human remains, the Fletchers will not get their bones back. Police are asking nearby Universities if they are missing a skeleton.
- Couple buys a human skeleton at a yard sale - Oct 13, 2010
- Human remains found in Tampa, FL identified as 18-year-old woman missing since 2004 - Mar 24, 2010
- Long lost Mummy finally returns Baltimore - Nov 11, 2011
- Scientists crack ancient bone disease - Jan 04, 2012
- Three people shot outside a nightclub in Tampa, FL - Aug 09, 2010
- 850-years old human skeletons found in Mexico - Aug 25, 2012
- Deceased person found in vehicle in Hillsborough County, Florida - May 06, 2010
- Oldest Pyramid Tomb In North America Found in Mexico! - May 19, 2010
- Overweight people really are big-boned - Mar 23, 2011
- Archeologists Unearth Palaeolithic Funeral Feast In Israel - Sep 02, 2010
- Halloween Express Is Open - Sep 18, 2010
- Heidi Klum's Halloween costume for 2011 tops all - Oct 27, 2011
- Celebrate Halloween With Creepy Pumpkin Carvings - Oct 05, 2010
- Some ideas for easy Halloween costumes - Oct 31, 2010
- 11,000-year-old human sub-species found in China - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: brandon florida, clue, colleges, detectives, doctors, fletchers, halloween, halloween decor, halloween decorations, hillsborough county sheriff, human bones, human skeleton, lookout, medical examiner, nearby universities, skeletal remains, surprise, yard sale