Civil war enthusiast Alf Thompson uses his skills to disarm robberAugust 7th, 2012 - 8:01 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Aug 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Alf Thompson, a civil war re- enactment fan and enthusiast used his skills that he learnt from playing the role of a cavalier to disarm a robber. Thompson who is 60 years old managed to disarm the robber off his two knives as he tried to rob shop attendant.
He is a member of the sealed knot and he could not sit back and watch the robber scare the shop attendant. Thompson managed to get a hold of the robber and dragged his armed hand over the counter. He then took the knife from the robber’s hand and pinned him down as the shop attendant called the police.
The man is around twenty years younger than Thompson but he still managed to pin him down and take the weapon from him. The robber managed to produce another knife as he was pinned down but Thompson managed to take it from him before he could hurt him. He continued to pin him down as he waited for the police to show up.
Thompson is the second in command in the sealed knot and he said that the skills he learnt there really helped him. He said that were it not for the re- enactment, he could not have done it. He received a bravery award from the police department.
- Man blames seven-year-old girl in sex attack case - Jul 21, 2012
- Show your ID card to buy knives in Beijing - Jan 28, 2012
- Man dies after robbers throw him off second floor - Aug 17, 2012
- The lost art of Tibetan knife-making - Aug 29, 2011
- Australian kills prostitute, has sex with body - Jul 23, 2010
- Two elderly women stabbed to death in Delhi (lead) - Jul 24, 2012
- Shot at, security guard catches robber - Jul 03, 2012
- Bank robber shoots himself in the foot - Jan 27, 2012
- Florist,72, kills robber in Britain - Jul 31, 2011
- Four Victims In West Hollywood Target Store Stabbing - May 05, 2010
- US bank robber arrested after being convinced to take loan - Sep 17, 2010
- Two robbers kill woman and daughter, one held - Oct 13, 2011
- Bank robber shot dead in Karachi - Jan 11, 2012
- Six robbers lynched in Bangladesh - Jul 27, 2011
- Robber caught while answering stolen phone - Jun 18, 2012