Christmas tree turns out to be a 2-meter cannabis plant in GermanyDecember 9th, 2010 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Berlin, Dec 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A hippie in Germany was arrested when they found out that his Christmas Tree was very unusual because it was a 2-meter cannabis plant. And the cannabis Christmas tree was decorated with tinsel lights and the hippie also planned to keep presents under the tree, as per tradition.
However the hippie was in for a bad surprise himself when the narcotics officials of the Rhineland-Palatinate region performed a drug bust and came face to face with the very unusual Christmas tree. Needless to say they were shocked out of their wits and promptly arrested the hippie too.
The police report said that, “A hippie celebrates Christmas too… just differently. In response to questions by the dumbfounded officers, the hashish fan confirmed that the “tree” would be decorated further and, on Christmas, gifts would be arranged underneath according to tradition.”
And the police report was aptly titled as ‘All you need is love’ with reference to the recent John Lennon anniversary.
Besides the hippie there are other enterprising druggies in Germany who want to celebrate Christmas with a twist. Munich police came across a 21 years old man who had made a very unusual advent calendar that had cannabis in place of chocolate.
- Hippie Arrested When Christmas Tree Turns Out to be Cannabis Plant - Dec 09, 2010
- Moderate earthquake rattles western Germany - Feb 14, 2011
- Elderly man kills 2 doctors before killing self in southwestern Germany - Mar 07, 2012
- Three held for killing Russian Santa Claus - Jan 03, 2012
- Christmas tree in Taiwan made of plastic spoons - Dec 21, 2010
- World Cup referee equipment comes from Germany - Jun 09, 2010
- Abu Dhabi hotel 'regrets' Christmas tree spending - Dec 20, 2010
- Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles - Dec 20, 2011
- FBI spied on Beatles, Michael Jackson, even KFC boss - Apr 14, 2011
- Sao Paolo's steel Christmas tree continues to grow and grow - Dec 24, 2009
- Christmas celebrated in Kolkata - Dec 25, 2011
- UAE Hotel erects $11m Christmas tree - Dec 17, 2010
- Love or hate tinsel, but it is evergreen - Dec 24, 2009
- Hotel regrets their £7m Xmas tree 'overload' - Dec 20, 2010
- Merry X-mas, tweet B-Town celebs - Dec 24, 2011
Tags: advent calendar, anniversary, chocolate, christmas, christmas gifts, christmas tree, drug bust, druggies, hashish, hippie, john lennon, munich, narcotics, old man, police report, report said that, rhineland palatinate, tinsel, tradition, wits