Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needlesDecember 20th, 2011 - 1:23 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 19 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Christmas tree thief left vital trace behind as he left with his booty. The 17-year-old never suspected that the Christmas tree that he was dragging away was leaving behind a trail straight to his hideout.
65-year-old John Dacre told the police that the tree was stolen from his farm. The pine needles that the tree left behind were the lead that the police needed to catch the thief.
A police spokesperson said that, “The festive foliage led officers to a house where the stolen trees were found and recovered. As an extra present, officers also found a cannabis farm at the address.”
Dacre was grateful that the tree left behind the needed evidence. He said that, “The funny thing is that they were supposed to be ‘low needle drop’ trees which don’t shed so easily. But thankfully they dropped enough for us to follow.”
The suspected has been granted bail after the police charged him with burglary and planting cannabis. He is due to be taken to court at a later date where he will have to defend the charges.
Police investigation is currently ongoing.
- Srinagar gold burglary solved in a day, loot recovered - Apr 23, 2012
- Travolta's vintage car stolen - Sep 20, 2011
- Hippie Arrested When Christmas Tree Turns Out to be Cannabis Plant - Dec 09, 2010
- Naked man fleeing from Hummer caught by police dog - Dec 12, 2011
- 'Bad Luck Bandit' arrested after his car runs out of gas - Jul 20, 2010
- Americans mull whether to buy real or fake Christmas tree - Dec 22, 2010
- Woman loses mother's ashes at Bingo hall - Dec 10, 2011
- Cases of Sheep rustling are on the rise - Oct 04, 2011
- Christmas tree turns out to be a 2-meter cannabis plant in Germany - Dec 09, 2010
- British soldier stole guitar during riots - Aug 13, 2011
- Gang of Bangladeshi burglars busted (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- 12-pack beer theft ends in fatal crash - Apr 06, 2011
- Picasso drawing thief arrested - Jul 08, 2011
- Florida teen burglar 'netted after cops find MySpace account logged in' - Nov 09, 2010
- Three burglars held in Delhi - Jan 29, 2011