Chinese chicken lays bowling-pin shaped eggDecember 15th, 2010 - 12:21 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Beijing, Dec 14 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 75-year-old Chinese farmer was left puzzled after his chicken laid what could be described as a bizarre egg.
The chicken laid a bowling-pin shaped egg and the farmer Zhang Yunfeng indicated that it was the first time that he has seen such an egg. The egg so much amazed Zhang who later told reporters that he saw the chicken “… produce a bowling-pin shaped egg. It’s the first time I saw such a weird shaped egg.”
Experts have tried to explain these kinds of irregular eggs. In last year March, a similar egg was seen in Britain. The egg was laid by the chicken of a 43-year-old mother of three in Northamptonshire. At the time when she saw the egg, she claimed that she has extensively researched the production of eggs and did not see any reason such an egg should be laid.
That though is not what some experts believe. They explain that the irregularly shaped eggs are caused by factors like ovulation problems, hormonal imbalances and eating the wrong kind of food.
However it is still not clear how the eggs got such distinctively unique shapes. Some analysts believe there may be more to it than that.
- Did aliens create Drumstick - the four-legged chick? - Oct 25, 2010
- Eggs that bounce like rubber hit China markets - Feb 10, 2012
- Ovulation really does change women's behavior - Aug 19, 2010
- Dinosaur-bird 'missing link' could be egg - Jul 13, 2012
- Hen sits on wrong nest, hatches ducklings - Apr 04, 2012
- Do female voices give clue of ovulation? - Sep 25, 2011
- Summer best time to shed weight - Apr 04, 2012
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- End of tunnel from Pakistan found - Aug 08, 2012
- First complete sauropod embryo discovered - Mar 23, 2011
- Donnie Russell finds the world's smallest chicken egg - Aug 22, 2011
- Babies remember objects out of sight - Dec 20, 2011
- Silver Pheasant's sex change stuns zoo - Apr 05, 2012
- French village to hand out chicken to cut waste - Apr 02, 2012
- Gorakhpur farmers turn to poultry business - Dec 15, 2010