Chimpanzee asks people to free him at Wales ZooAugust 3rd, 2012 - 7:53 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Wales, Aug 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A chimpanzee has been filmed at Wales’s zoo asking to be freed from its enclosure. Visitors to the zoo took a video of this unusual request and it is currently doing rounds in the internet.
The video shows the chimpanzee pointing at a window and making open gestures to onlookers. The hilarious thing about the whole incident is that the chimpanzee is seen connecting fingers together and making a gesture that is similar to the American Sign Language indicating “gates”. One of the visitors to the Mountain Welsh Zoo who filmed the chimpanzee is heard saying, “He wants us to lift the window up” sign language is commonly used with animals as part of an enrichment scheme.
The chimpanzee is said to have surprised visitors at the zoo with its sign language and gesture. Visitors were intrigued by the chimpanzee and they could not stop looking at it as it tried to ask for them to help him get out of the enclosure at the zoo where it stays. It is amazing that a chimpanzee can be able to communicate to people and also make sense. Peter Dickinson of the Mountain Welsh Zoo says that animals are trained with sign language as part of enriching their lives. What the chimpanzee is doing is however very unexpected and odd.
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Peacock escapes from Central Park zoo - Aug 03, 2011
- Sitarist Anoushka Shankar asks people to boycott zoos - May 05, 2011
- Wolves kill zoo keeper at Swedish zoo - Jun 18, 2012
- Sweeden's park where wolves killed Zookeeper now offers "wild encounters" to its visitors - Jun 19, 2012
- No anthrax at Delhi zoo: Officials - May 02, 2012
- Coolers, sheds, mangos...beating summer blues at Delhi Zoo - May 09, 2012
- Orangutans in zoos enjoy watching visitors too - Jun 08, 2010
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Delhi Zoo becomes virtual island, agencies pass buck - Sep 11, 2011
- Indian zoos to be graded on performance - Apr 10, 2012
- Orissa zoo launches special summer menu for animals - May 16, 2011
- Coolers, sprinklers, glucose to help Delhi Zoo beat heat - May 05, 2011
- Zoo keepers use iPads, apps for apes - Sep 04, 2012
- Language may play key role in learning meanings of numbers - Feb 08, 2011