Bull Goes on the Run at Edinburgh ZooSeptember 4th, 2012 - 9:28 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Edinburgh, Sept 4 (THAINDIAN News) A bull on the run in the Edinburg zoo caused chaos it as it escaped from its cage. However, its excitement was short lived and lasted for only a period of about 40 minutes.
The visitors who were present at the time of the incident, had to run for their safety in the cafe. The keepers at the zoo on their part were armed so as to contain the situation that shocked many. The horned 200lb bull was eventually subdued after it was shot with a tranquilizer dart.
This made its escape came to a halt. The zookeepers as well as veterinarians are making attempts so as to know what went wrong so that the bull escaped from its cage in this zoo.
Richard Dean who is a computer scientist was at the time at the zoo celebrating his wedding anniversary. He however managed to capture this unfortunate and shocking incident on camera.
He is among those who were present at the time that the incident occurred. Some of the people who witnessed this escape, explained how the zoo keepers made efforts to hold down the bull using tranquilizer guns and brooms in a chaos that lasted for nearly an hour.
- North Carolina's zoo elephant to get contact lenses on order - Jun 20, 2012
- Two tigers escape from Guwahati zoo, tranquilised later - Jan 30, 2010
- Leopard mauls croc keeper to death in China zoo - Jul 19, 2012
- Aurangabad tigress gifted to Jamshedpur's Tata Zoological Park - Dec 11, 2010
- Chimpanzees learn to mop cage from keepers - Feb 10, 2012
- Tiger mauls zookeeper in Chile - Jul 31, 2012
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Coolers, sprinklers, glucose to help Delhi Zoo beat heat - May 05, 2011
- Assam wildlife group protests removal of rhino's horn - Mar 25, 2012
- Giant panda gives birth at Washington zoo - Sep 18, 2012
- Britain's only giant pandas fail to mate - Apr 05, 2012
- Three Tigers Escape From A Canary Islands Zoo - Mar 24, 2010
- Animals Killed And Left To Rot In British Safari Park - Jan 11, 2011
- Raging Bull Injures 40 People In Spain - Aug 20, 2010
- 'Zookeeper' disappointing, go to the zoo instead - Sep 23, 2011
Tags: attempts, brooms, chaos, computer scientist, dean, edinburgh zoo, excitement, richard dean, shocking incident, tranquilizer dart, tranquilizer guns, veterinarians, wedding anniversary, zoo keepers, zookeepers