Britain’s biggest dog Samson has a broken toeDecember 21st, 2011 - 9:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 21 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Samson, regarded as the biggest dog in Britain, has broken its toe. The animal broke the toe after it reportedly hit it on a pavement. The accident happened some weeks back.
Samson weighs a massive 20 stone and reaches a length of seven-feet four inches. The black-fur creature is currently being cared for by its owners Ray and Julie Woods. The family revealed that they have been putting ice on the lump that the animal has suffered and they are hoping that cures the massive creature because they don’t have money to take the animal to the vet. Ray is a retired taxi driver.
Julie told reporters that, “Samson was walking along on the way home from his morning walk. We were just two doors away when suddenly he yelped and started walking on three legs…We had to put ice on his toe, then bathe it and bandage it. We’re sure he’s broken it, but we don’t have enough money to take him to the vet to get it x-rayed.”
Samson has been injured before in the past. In 2008, the animal was in the news when the ligament to its back leg was damaged. A campaign to save the dog yielded £4,000 which was used for treatment to get the animal back up again.
- Doctors save dog Daisy's life after she swallows a 2-inch needle - May 22, 2012
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012
- World's first dog with 4 bionic legs - Jun 23, 2011
- Cat disabled after being shot at with air rifle - Sep 20, 2010
- Dog 'Saira' has sex change - Dec 21, 2010
- Cops file case after pet cat is shot (Lead) - Sep 20, 2010
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Biggest dog in UK put on crash diet for life-saving operation! - Nov 01, 2008
- Lost pet travels 15 miles across moorland and motorway to reach home! - Jun 01, 2010
- Man kills puppy with hammer - May 04, 2012
- 13 dogs poisoned to death in Britain - May 30, 2011
- Today is National Dog Day! - Aug 26, 2011
- World's biggest insect - Weta insect discovered in New Zealand - Dec 02, 2011
- Ian Botham's son worried about his kidnapped dog - Nov 25, 2011
- Swarm of bees stings dog to death - Jul 15, 2011