Brazilian brides face fine for being lateFebruary 10th, 2011 - 8:16 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sao Paulo, Feb 10 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Brazilian brides will have to start dressing early on their wedding day because if they get to be late, they will be fined.
A church in the country has had enough of late bridal arrivals and is determined to stop it. Subsequently the church has come up with a plan to get the brides in the church early. Any bride who gets to the church late on her wedding day will be fined equivalent of $300.
Brides in Brazil love to keep their grooms and every other person waiting. It is not unusual for a bride to be late for ten minutes. Some brides keep everyone waiting for hours even.
Nossa Senhora de Lourdes Cathedral in the small southern city of Apucarana has devised a plan to get the brides in early. If a bride is going to have a wedding, she would have to deposit a check of $300 with the church. Of course that money still belongs to the bride but only when she arrives on time for the wedding.
If the bride arrives late, the check is kept in the church’s coffers- smart move.
The cathedral complains that brides arriving late often disrupt the church’s plan for the day and inconvenience everybody.
- Fabiano enters Sao Paulo's injury list - Jan 30, 2012
- Here comes the - botox - bride - Jul 13, 2012
- Sao Paulo secures lead of state championship - Mar 30, 2012
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Rajasthan cracks down on child marriages - Mar 31, 2012
- Archana Kochhar's special designs for summer brides (With Image) - Mar 09, 2012
- Sabyasachi turns to TV, excited about exploring new market (With Image) - Feb 09, 2012
- Villas-Boas rejects offer to coach Sao Paulo - Jun 27, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Four killed in Brazil plane crash - Oct 03, 2011
- Now share your wedding wish-list with your guests - Aug 25, 2012
- Adriano celebrates weight loss on 30th birthday - Feb 18, 2012
- Hindus feel Brand-Perry marriage 'moving in right direction' - Oct 22, 2010
- Make your cult in bridal wear: Tarun Tahiliani - Jul 25, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,