Body of Linda Walton Left in Hearse for 9 DaysAugust 27th, 2010 - 8:52 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) After Linda Walton had passed away in her apartment in Carrboro, North Carolina, on August 11, a hearse was called to pick her body up for what should have been a short trip to the morgue. Instead, police were called to investigate a scent, like a dead body in downtown Graham, about 55 miles west of Raleigh, nine days later, and it was soon discovered that the thirty-seven year old woman’s body had been left in the hearse for nine days.
The hearse was owned by David B Lawson Mortuary, who is now being investigated by the North Carolina’s Board of Funeral Service. This organization is responsible for watching and regulating funeral services and businesses in the state. Police and the District Attorney of Alamance County are also investigating.
Foul play is not suspected in the death of Linda Walton, but it has not yet been determined whether or not the owner of the mortuary service which picked up her body has broken any laws. Lawson has been a licensed embalmer and funeral director in the state of North Carolina for thirty-four years. Over the past 10 years there have apparently been several complaints against the business, but none similar to this one, according to Paul Harris, the president of the funeral board.
The Carrboro investigators who were present when Lawson’s picked the body up stated that they were having a difficult time finding the family of Walton. When they shared this with the driver of the hearse, the driver was quoted as saying, ‘Not a problem. We’ll put her in deep-freeze’. Capt Joel Booker of the Carrboro police went on to say, “So off they go, and that’s the last we know of it until we heard from Graham police last week.”
- Linda Walton's Body Left In Hearse For 9 Days! - Aug 27, 2010
- Body of Linda Walton left in the hearse for 9 days in the town of Carrboro - Aug 27, 2010
- Elizabeth Edwards Passes Away, Funeral Service On Saturday - Dec 09, 2010
- Hearse driver stops at bar, keeps dead man's family waiting - May 26, 2009
- Wake County, NC woman arrested after police find missing boyfriend in their freezer - Oct 09, 2010
- Westboro Baptist Church Announces It Would Protest Against Elizabeth Edwards' Funeral - Dec 10, 2010
- Three police officials suspended for dereliction of duty - Jan 26, 2012
- China train crash dead get beauty treatment - Aug 03, 2011
- Human remains found in south London garden - Nov 23, 2011
- Corpses end up on street near Russia morgue - Aug 02, 2012
- Russian girl's body decomposed due to morgue malfunction: relative - Nov 18, 2009
- Dead Woman Found Alive a Month After Burial - May 21, 2010
- Ten terrorists who held Mumbai to ransom - Aug 29, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll now 36 - Dec 26, 2010
- Russian girl's body decomposed beyond recognition: police (Lead) - Nov 18, 2009
Tags: alamance county, august 11, carrboro north carolina, carrboro police, deep freeze, district attorney, foul play, funeral director, funeral services, hearse, laws lawson, licensed embalmer, morgue, mortuary service, nine days, paul harris, s board, short trip, state of north carolina, state police