Blonde-Haired Blue-Eyed White Baby Born to Black ParentsJuly 20th, 2010 - 10:52 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
July 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A beautiful little doll of a baby girl with blond wavy hair and blue eyes has been born to a black couple from Nigeria, who are now living in Britain, shocking genetics experts who are busily trying to find an explanation for the phenomenon.
Nmachi Ihegboro was born to Angela Ihegboro and her husband Ben at Queen Mary’s Hospital in Sidcup in South London. Although both of her parents are black,m with only Nigerian ancestry, this little miracle was born with a wavy mop of blond and blue eyes with light skin. Her dad, who is a customer services advisor admitted, “We both just sat there after the birth staring at her for ages, not saying anything.”
Ben went on to share that he was shocked when she was born. He added that he even joked “Is she MINE?”, and said that the first thing which he actually did when she was born was to look at the child and ask “What the flip?”
But as the family sits all snug at home, with older brother and sister crowding around the tiny blond baby which has been born into their lives, Ben declared, “Of course she is mine.” He also made a point to stress, “My wife is true to me. Even if she hadn’t been, the baby still wouldn’t look like that.”
Genetic experts are ruling out Albinism at this point, but do not yet have an explanation for the child’s coloring other than an unknown genetic mutation. Professor Bryan Sykes, who is the head of Human Genetics at Oxford University and is considered to be Britain’s top expert in this field stated that the birth was extraordinary.
He added that BOTH parents would have needed some white ancestry in order for the skin color to occur, and this does not happen with Nigerian families. Sykes went on to say, “The hair is extremely unusual. Even many blonde children don’t have blonde hair like this at birth.”
Regardless of the reason for the baby’s coloring, her family thinks she is a beautiful angel. Her mom stated that at the time of her birth, “I thought, ‘What is this little doll?’
“She’s beautiful and I love her. Her color doesn’t matter. She’s a miracle baby.
“But still, what on earth happened here?” The baby’s name, Nmachi translates to “Beauty of God” in Nigeria.
- Blond blue-eyed baby born to black couple baffles genetics experts - Jul 20, 2010
- It's raining white babies for black couples! - Jul 22, 2010
- White baby born to black parents surprises and shocks all - Jul 20, 2010
- Danielle Lloyd's son Harry released from the hospital - Aug 16, 2011
- Doctors perform sex change operation on toddler - Nov 30, 2011
- Ruby Rose 'reborn as blonde sex bomb for Cleo magazine' - Mar 21, 2011
- Padma Lakshmi gives birth to baby girl - Feb 23, 2010
- Baby born on Philippine Airlines flight has no nationality - Sep 23, 2011
- World's Smallest Mother Has Third Child, Wants More - Jul 07, 2010
- Oz lesbian couple beat odds of 1 in 60m by conceiving quintuplets - Oct 05, 2010
- Katy Perry shows off her pink colored hair - Aug 03, 2011
- Chantelle Houghton: 'Alex Reid walked out on me' - Aug 14, 2012
- Julianne Moore Speaks About Her Red Hair Teasing Experience In School - Oct 19, 2010
- Michelle Duggar is pregnant with her 20th child - Nov 08, 2011
- Hitler ordered sex dolls for Nazi troops - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: albinism, baby girl, beautiful angel, black parents, blonde hair, brother and sister, genetic mutation, human genetics, light skin, little doll, little miracle, oxford university, professor bryan sykes, queen mary, s hospital, sidcup, skin color, south london, top expert, wavy hair