Bear follows dog into house and then attacks coupleOctober 4th, 2011 - 7:31 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Newport, Pa., Oct 4 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A couple in Pennsylvania were attacked by a bear right in their home. Officials say the animal followed the couple’s dog from the woods into their house and attacked them. The injuries to the two are not considered life threatening though it is feared that the bear may be rabid.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission said the 10-year-old son of the couple who was in the house at the time that the incident happened was not attacked by the animal. Rich Meyer suffered back injuries while his wife Angie had a leg injury following the attack.
Rich’s mother witnessed the attack. She told reporters that, “He (Rich) was the worst, of course, but she tried to help him when she came downstairs. Then the bear turned on her. I guess (it) got her in the lower extremities, either in the leg or a thigh.”
The couple were taken to the Harrisburg Hospital where a spokesperson say they were treated and discharged shortly. The Game Commission of the state says there has not been a fatal bear attack in the state for a very long time. The suspected bear is currently being hunted and the officials have set up traps to help capture it and relocate it to a safer place.
- Harrisburg Pa. files for bankruptcy - Oct 12, 2011
- Kathy Griffin slammed for planning to target 16-yr-old Willow Palin - Jan 05, 2011
- Rabid moose infects 14 Russians - Feb 13, 2012
- Man Survives First Recorded Bear Attack in Kentucky, Bear Still At Large - Jun 30, 2010
- Jolie's spiritual help for wedding date - Jun 10, 2012
- Pennsylvania sanctions 160 licensed or commissioned professionals and organizations - Mar 23, 2010
- 7 children die in farmhouse fire in rural Pennsylvania - Mar 09, 2011
- Caged bear mauls girl in Russia - Aug 27, 2012
- Pet Bear kills woman - Oct 10, 2009
- Girl under bear attack calls mum before dying - Aug 17, 2011
- Wine Vending Machines Tested In Pennsylvania - Aug 08, 2010
- Robinho to be rested for a month - Aug 29, 2012
- Montana woman escapes from a bear attack with the aid of a zucchini - Sep 24, 2010
- Scientists Warn Of Hungry Bears At Yellowstone - Aug 23, 2010
- Anger, concern after dog bites at Fatehpuri Sikri (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011