‘Bad Luck Bandit’ arrested after his car runs out of gasJuly 20th, 2010 - 7:59 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Wenatchee, July 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A 47-year-old man ran out of luck when he tried to run away after stealing Native American collectibles from a local shop. The thief has been nicknamed the “Bad Luck Bandit” by the Wenatchee police department.
He has been so named because the man bolted in his car after stealing the goods, but wasn’t so lucky because his car was low on gas and he could only travel just 50 feet from where he had been originally parked.
The store owner contacted the police when he got to know about the burglary and they hunted the man down and eventually arrested him because he was trying to make his exit on foot. Investigation has been launched for first-degree theft involving the thief.
The police believe that the man is a serial thief and he had been involved in other robberies according to Stg. John Kruse. He was also found with some other antique necklaces, which appear to be stolen. He’s also the prime suspect in the theft of a beaded Native American ceremonial garment that is estimated to be around $10,500.
- Wenatchee Police Arrests Bad Luck Bandit - Jul 20, 2010
- 'Bad Luck Bandit' Arrested For Allegedly Perpetrating A Burglary - Jul 20, 2010
- 500,000 bees stolen from Fraser Valley - Jul 31, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan's lawyer: Stolen necklace not worth $2500 - Feb 14, 2011
- 'Chacha-Bhatija' vehicle theft ring busted - Feb 04, 2012
- Barefoot bandit finally arrested - Jul 11, 2010
- Warrant issued for 'Barefoot Bandit' - Jun 30, 2010
- Man steals truckload of vodka in Russia - Jan 19, 2012
- 'Stupid' burglar posts pic of self taken with stolen laptop on owner's Facebook page - Dec 16, 2010
- Man involved in 300 car thefts held -- again (Lead) - Jan 16, 2012
- Minor Australian kids charged with rape, arson - Jan 29, 2012
- Lindsay Lohan Pleaded Not Guilty To Grand Theft Charge - Feb 10, 2011
- Brit man, 75, back in jail after spending 50 of last 56 years in slammer - Oct 02, 2010
- 'Barefoot Bandit' deported to US - Jul 14, 2010
- No diamonds or gold in this necklace, but costs Rs.2 crore! - Nov 13, 2011