Baby born on Philippine Airlines flight has no nationalitySeptember 23rd, 2011 - 8:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Sept 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A child who was born in an Air Philippine flight does not have a nationality because he was not born on the shores of any country. The baby was born when the mother was traveling from Philippines to the United States. The baby was born on the international waters on Tuesday aboard the Philippine Airlines Flight 104 which was traveling from Manila.
41-year-old Aida Alamillo says she was cleared to go on the flight by doctors. She had been told that her due date was the 28th of September. However during the flight, Aida told the flight attendants that she believed she was in early labor and eventually gave birth four hours later. The airline says the baby was healthy and weighed six pounds when it was born.
The passengers greeted the birth of the baby with applause after three nurses on the plane volunteered.
During an interview with America’s NBC, Aida said it was not intentional on her part to give birth in the flight. She told the network that, “I didn’t expect I would have a baby there … it just happened.”
Under the international laws, a baby born over the ocean is considered a citizen of which ever country the parent is a citizen of.
- Baby Boy Born in Emirates Airplane Toilet to Be Named Ek - Aug 30, 2012
- Woman gives birth on flight to Moscow - Oct 14, 2011
- Philippines greets world's 7 billionth baby - Oct 31, 2011
- Dead Fetus Found In Etihad Airways Plane's Bathroom In Manila - Jan 05, 2011
- Dead fetus found in airplane bathroom in Manila - Jan 05, 2011
- Dead Fetus Found in Manila in Airplane's Bathroom - Jan 05, 2011
- The six worst things about being male (The Funny Side) - Aug 31, 2012
- Newborn baby left in airplane bin in Philippines - Sep 12, 2010
- Woman delivers stillborn baby at Chennai airport - Feb 16, 2012
- Nargis of Uttar Pradesh is world's seven billionth baby - Oct 31, 2011
- Bolivian girl born on airliner to fly free until 21 - Feb 17, 2010
- Birth Tourism accounts for only a small percentage of immigrant babies - Sep 06, 2010
- US baby born amidst police, topless dancers and high-speed chase! - Mar 07, 2011
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- Dead Male Fetus Sighted In An Airplane's Bathroom At The Airport In Manila - Jan 05, 2011