An Eugene Man Changes His Name To Captain Awesome!December 7th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Eugene, Oregon, Dec 7, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Douglas Allen Smith Jr, 27, a man who lives in Eugene has changed his name to Captain Awesome after watching NBC’s “Chuck”. Douglas Allen Smith Jr. has got the name from the character called Dr. Devon “Captain Awesome” Woodcomb from the same series. The media outlets reported that the 27 year old man changed his name because he found the name really “funny”. In the show Dr. Devon Woodcomb’s father gave him the name because he feels that people who have a poor nickname, they can build good character.
However, Douglas Allen Smith Jr. who is now called as Captain Awesome had to take the trouble of convincing Lane County judge Douglas Mitchell by saying that he was not changing the name for any other reason. On the hand, this man’s bank refused to take his signature as it would be easy for people to forge. The man has kept Captain as his legal forename. While narrating the incident to a reputed media source Captain Awesome said that the judge asked him to hire a lawyer for himself and he decided to represent himself alone so that he can make the judge understand his point.
Captain Awesome said that the judge at first took the whole appeal as a prank and said that Douglas was his first name. However, the man made his point clear and he even sworn that there is no deceitful reason for which he wanted to change his name. The judge also permitted Captain Awesome to change his signature the way the latter wanted it to be. NBC hit series “Chuck” has been renewed for a fourth season with 13 episodes.
- Douglas Smith changes his name to Captain Awesome - Dec 07, 2010
- Smith included in squad for practice game against Australia - Mar 30, 2012
- Indian-origin 'Dr. Death' Patel loses manslaughter appeal, to approach HC - Apr 21, 2011
- Miami face-eating cannibal Rudy Eugene said "I'm going to kill you" to the heavyweight boxer Melton Bowen - Jun 04, 2012
- West Indies name 30-man provisional squad for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- Michael Douglas, Who Suffers From A Tumorous Throat, To Undergo Treatment - Aug 17, 2010
- Kris Allen Speaks About "American Idol" Premiere On January 19 And Its Judges - Jan 20, 2011
- Teenagers Plead Innocence In Niagara Falls Beating Case - Nov 14, 2010
- Characters are storytellers too, feels Boman Irani - Feb 23, 2012
- WICB refuses contracts to Gayle, Sarwan, Bravo, Pollard - Oct 05, 2011
- Temperamental Benn among 30 probables for World T20 - Jul 19, 2012
- England opt to bat against West Indies - Mar 17, 2011
- Will Smith is the victim of an Internet death hoax - Jun 02, 2011
- Michael Douglas Geared Up To Experience Piano Lessons For His Upcoming Film, ‘Liberace’ - Jan 15, 2011
- So You Think You Can Dance: Season 8 Episode 2 - Jun 02, 2011