Alligator found in a Brampton home backyardMay 24th, 2012 - 8:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Brampton, May 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Chelsey Hiemstra got the shock of her life when she found a three-foot-long reptile relaxing under a shady tree in her Brampton backyard last Sunday.
She was with her boyfriend at the time. They were playing Frisbee in Hiemstra’s front garden, after her boyfriend told her that there was an alligator on her backyard. It seems that the animal was trying to get out of the garden through its fence.
After they phoned the law enforcement authorities and Brampton Animal Services, several of Hiemstra’s family members and friends tried to corner the alligator.
Hiemstra’s parents were not at the family home when the incident happened. The alligator show no signs of aggressiveness until the animal service team arrived and caged the animal.
The reptile has since been transferred to a special facility by Animal Services. They are still investigating the event to determine the reasons why the alligator was there in the first place.
Brampton Town Hall spokesman Gordon Smith has stated that they are currently investigating whether the alligator was being kept as a pet by one of the town’s residents. The city does not allow its residents to keep dangerous animals like alligators as pets.
- Man charged after losing hand to alligator - Jul 30, 2012
- 3-Foot Alligator Unearthed In A City Of Massachusetts - Aug 24, 2010
- 5-Foot Long Monitor Lizard Reunites With Owner - Jan 27, 2011
- Searching for cannabis, British cops come across alligator - Jun 20, 2012
- Brazilian woman finds alligator behind her living room sofa - Feb 24, 2011
- Recession affecting pets in Britain - Nov 13, 2011
- Alligator found in Puerto Rico parking lot - Jul 22, 2010
- Nancy Corcione Thought Her Pet Gator was Just a Big Lizard - Oct 05, 2010
- Second Alligator Spotted in Chicago River, On Northwest Side - Aug 24, 2010
- Alligator attacks police car - May 04, 2011
- Ape injures girl after escaping from zoo - Jul 16, 2012
- Alligator captured from NY yard - May 19, 2011
- Meet the man who keeps 24 crocs, alligators in his back garden! - Feb 01, 2010
- Teen's baggy pants save him from gator bite - Apr 07, 2011
- Canadian man takes his pet buffalo to local bars - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: aggressiveness, alligator, alligators, animal service, animal services, chelsey, dangerous animals, family members, fence, frisbee, gordon smith, hiemstra, last sunday, law enforcement authorities, may 24, reptile, shady tree, shock, spokesman, town hall