Alien tumor found inside Californian manFebruary 16th, 2011 - 2:22 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Feb 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Californian man caused quite a bit of a stir when doctors discovered a huge alien type tumor growing inside his body. What caused the doctors even more concern was that the tumor also had tentacles growing.
Josh Abken was suffering from back pains since a long time. When the pains worsened then he went to the doctors, who prescribed an X-ray. What the X-ray revealed shocked the medical fraternity, to say the least!
“You think you got a serious muscle pull or something, [but] the doctor has that serious doctor face you see on TV. They didn’t really know what was growing inside of me,” according to Josh.
The doctors are puzzled by the weird tumor.”Trying to take out this large … tumor, that’s partially calcified or hard like a rock, created a very difficult surgical experience, several hours of surgery to get it out,” according to thoracic surgeon Costanzo Di Perna.
However the thoracic surgeon breathed a sign of relief when he was able to remove the tumor from Josh’s body. And needless to say, Josh is very happy with the outcome and is hoping that he would now be able to lead a normal life.
- Strange "Alien Tumor" Found Growing Inside California Man - Feb 16, 2011
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- Elderly people with clinical depression more prone to knee arthritis - Mar 17, 2011
- X-ray technique peers beneath surfaces of artefacts - Mar 26, 2011
- Ultra-fast tabletop X-ray laser may be used for high-resolution imaging - Feb 22, 2010
- 3D X-rays to facilitate faster surgeries - Oct 31, 2011
- Dentist retrieves tooth from bin, fixes it back - Sep 11, 2011
- Indian doctors remove embedded bullet from Nigerian man - Jul 17, 2011
- Baby with six legs born in Pakistan - Apr 18, 2012
- Chinese man with migraines shocked to find he had knife in his brain for 4-yrs - Feb 17, 2011
- Ultrafast lasers make mini X-ray device possible - Jun 08, 2012
- US builder survives being shot in the face by nail gun - Dec 01, 2010
- New tabletop device that produces high energy X-rays at lower costs - Oct 25, 2010
- Lee ruled out of tri-series with broken toe - Feb 05, 2012
- Sponge found in woman's belly 15 years after surgery - Aug 01, 2011