12 Year Old Curtis Francis Survives Swallowing Scissors

November 6th, 2010 - 3:17 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason  

scissor Nov 5 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A twelve year old boy with learning disabilities has miraculously survived swallowing a pair of scissors, and only suffered minor cuts.

Curtis Francis has learning problems which effect his sense of danger, so he had no way to know he could die from swallowing the scissors, handle first, as soon as his mom turned her back. He began to cough blood, and she immediately called the emergency services.

Since his airway was not blocked, he managed to be okay until the ambulance arrived. he has recovered fully, but his mother was, of course, very upset by the whole ordeal. “I just thought he had swallowed a pen lid but I knew something was wrong when he started coughing up blood and making panicked noises. By the time the ambulance arrived both me and my son were in tears. When we got to the hospital and we were told it was scissors I was so, so worried. Curtis is a multi-needs child and doesn’t have any sense of danger so I have to watch him all the time.

“It was the worst day of my life. It was such a nightmare. I am even more careful with him now but it is very difficult because he is getting older. It was absolutely horrendous. I didn’t know you could swallow scissors so it came as a huge shock.”

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Odd news |

Subscribe