10-Year-Old Minor Gives Birth To A Baby In SpainNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:00 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Latest reports say that a ten year old girl, Anna Nicholas of Romanian origin gave birth to a bonny and healthy baby in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. The little mother arrived in Spain when she was already pregnant. The family of the girl reportedly accepted the baby and are quite happy about it. Despite the age, both the mother and the baby are healthy and there was no requirement for Caesar.
According to Micaela Navarro, the Andalusia region’s social affairs minister, the father of the baby is also a minor and it was not a rape case, as Anna Nicholas apparently lived with her boy friend. According to the Spanish law, having consensual sex with a girl below thirteen years of age, is considered as child abuse. However it is still unclear whether the minor father of the baby will be charged with such offenses. However, according to the local Diario de Jerez newspaper, getting pregnant at such an young age was quite accepted by certain native places of Romania. That is why, the baby was warmly welcomed by the girl’s family. However, the authorities of Jerez de la Frontera are still wondering whether to hand over the custody of the baby to the baby to the minor mother or not.
This was an exceptional case because from 2008, there were 177 babies who were born to girls below 14 years of age. A 10 year old girl giving birth to a baby happened for the first time. Anna Nicholas also told her nurse is the hospital that becoming pregnant at her age was normal in Romania, although the age of consent is 15.
- Romanian girl aged 10 gives birth to healthy baby in Spain - Nov 03, 2010
- 10 Year Old Girl From Romania Gives Birth In Spain - Nov 03, 2010
- 10-year-old Romanian girl gives birth in Spain - Nov 03, 2010
- Mexican woman with nine babies a fraud, say doctors - May 01, 2012
- Mom happy that her daughter, 10, gave birth - Nov 05, 2010
- Colombian girl world's youngest mother? - Apr 05, 2012
- Girl,10, who gave birth, lived with partner in Romania - Nov 07, 2010
- New Force India car takes to track - Feb 11, 2011
- Baby with two heads born in Brazil - Dec 22, 2011
- Flu shots ensure birth of healthy babies - Feb 22, 2012
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- 'Women who smoke give birth to lighter babies' - Jun 03, 2012
- Romanian woman says 10-yr-old daughter giving birth is a normal ritual - Nov 04, 2010
- Overweight mothers could be putting babies at risk - Aug 15, 2012
- 57-yr-old becomes UK's oldest surrogate mum by giving birth to own grandson - Feb 26, 2011
Tags: age of consent, babies, bonny, boy friend, caesar, child abuse, de la frontera, diario de jerez, giving birth, jerez de la frontera, jerez de la frontera spain, kar, little mother, meena, nurse, old girl, rape case, social affairs minister, spanish law, thirteen years