Zoa Morani to make first appearance at LFW showMarch 12th, 2011 - 7:08 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, March 12 (IANS) Zoa Morani, who has been roped in for Shah Rukh Khan’s “Always Kabhi Kabhi”, will Tuesday appear as the show stopper for designer Pallavi Mohan’s Lakme Fashion Week (LFW) show — her first public appearance after the film’s announcement.
“Zoa Morani is walking the ramp for my show. This is her first public appearance. My team suggested that I get her for the show and now I’m glad I did,” Pallavi told IANS.
“She is a very sweet and easy person. Not complicated. I didn’t know her but my friends told me that she is very nice and indeed she is,” she added.
Zoa, the daughter of Cineyug’s Karim Morani, is playing a firebrand character in “Always Kabhi Kabhi”, which is an adaptation of Roshan Abbas’ 1999 play, “Graffiti”.
She has been an assistant director to Rajkumar Santoshi for “Halla Bol” (2008) and Farah Khan for “Om Shanti Om” (2007) and is also trained in acting from Anupam Kher’s acting school Actor Prepares.
When Pallavi was asked why she decided to get a show stopper for a show, the designer revealed: “In India, I feel most of the times people relate better with a brand if a celebrity is associated with it.”
“Definitely your brand needs to speak quality but if there is a celebrity associated with it, that’s an added attraction. We have to agree that Bollywood works in our country and I don’t think there is a problem with that,” he said.
Pallavi’s collection, which is called “A Pocketful of Posies”, is based on the explosion of life and colour that is spring.
It includes ecru, blues, yellow, muted khaki and feminine pinks peaches and rose. The silhouettes mainly encompass peasant tops, tier dresses, baby doll tops, sheer chiffon, denim dresses and hot pants.
“This collection is a lot of fun, very fresh, very summery, easy silhouettes, colours that are right for summer, detailing with crystals and beetles and lots of flowers. So overall it’s a very fun, easy collection,” the designer said.
“One doesn’t have to think much about how to style it. You can wear it with chappals (slippers), dress it up and even dress it down,” elaborated Pallavi, who supplies to almost 28 boutiques in Europe, Middle East and Japan and in India to more than 25 stores which include Ensemble, Aza, Ogaan, Karma, Fuel and Evolve.
Pallavi’s label — Not So Serious — is three years old and the designer organised exhibitions in various parts of the country before launching it.
“Before I launched this label, I did exhibitions in the country for almost a year and a half. I went from the smallest to the biggest cities to just understand the needs of the customers,” she said.
“I wanted to know how they think about necklines, hems, silhouettes. So I wanted to meet customers on one to one basis, study them and then launch the label,” she added.
The label has also collaborated with the Self Employed Women’s Association to develop part of the hand embroideries for this collection. A part of the proceeds from these items will be used to benefit these rural women.
The Lakme Fashion Week 2011, which began Friday, is a five-day event.
- Acting was always in my head: Zoa Morani - Mar 16, 2011
- When showstopper Zoa Morani slipped on the ramp - Mar 04, 2012
- Bollywood girls dazzle in gold at IIJW - Aug 02, 2011
- Royal silhouettes inspire designer's cocktail collection (With Images) - Mar 10, 2011
- For creativity, say no to commerce: Sabyasachi Mukherjee (Interview) - Apr 09, 2011
- Pallavi Mohan launches kidswear collection - Oct 23, 2010
- Fusion of Eastern European art, Euro-Asian essence at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Designer Pillai Mohan showcases kid wear at Wills India Fashion Week - Oct 24, 2010
- Papa is clean: Karim Morani's daughter - May 18, 2011
- Zoa Morani in Shyam Benegal's next? - Nov 06, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Pallavi Jaikishan goes traditional at LFW - Aug 04, 2012
- Designers' ode to free-spirited women at WIFW show - Oct 10, 2011
- Sonakshi walks ramp for J.J. Valaya at LFW - Mar 06, 2012
- SRK hopes Morani issue will be sorted out - May 31, 2011
Tags: acting school, added attraction, anupam kher, denim dresses, farah khan, first appearance, first public appearance, halla bol, hot pants, lakme fashion week, morani, peasant tops, pinks, posies, roshan, santoshi, shah rukh khan, shanti, show stopper, silhouettes