Your tweets can expose the psychopath in youAugust 27th, 2012 - 10:11 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 27 (IANS) While many of us may not bother about what we habitually tweet, a study has found these can reveal if we are psychopaths, with our frequently used words such as “die”, “kill” and “bury” being some of the key warning signs.
Scientists claim users’ word choices indicate personality traits and their research could be used by police to identify potential threats or by bosses when hiring employees, Daily Mail reported.
According to a research by computer science professors and doctoral students at London’s Online Privacy Foundation, swearing too much is also a giveaway.
“People are making judgements about others based on social media. Companies even exist that will do this for you if you’re hiring,” said Chris Sumner, head of London’s Online Privacy Foundation.
“However, almost all research says more research is needed before social media screening should be considered for use,” he added.
- Social media may be giving your location away - Mar 07, 2012
- Inside the minds of psychopaths - Oct 16, 2011
- Twitter elite tweet the most - Mar 29, 2011
- US spies could be tracking you on Twitter - Dec 28, 2011
- Social media bores Britons - Mar 06, 2012
- Person's Twitter 'accent' can reveal where they are from - Jan 08, 2011
- FBI software to scan tweets to predict crimes - Jan 27, 2012
- Britain's royal family on Facebook - Nov 07, 2010
- Twitter unveils first major revamp since launch - Sep 16, 2010
- Twitter as a lifesaver? - Nov 13, 2011
Tags: computer science professors, daily mail, doctoral students, judgements, london, personality traits, privacy foundation, psychopath, scientists claim, sumner head, tweets, warning signs, word choices