‘You have beautiful lips’ - best Internet chat-up line for men to useDecember 15th, 2010 - 2:54 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 15 (ANI): The best Internet opening line for men to use is: “You have beautiful lips”, a new survey on online flirting has revealed.
Site users dating website Badoo.com were invited to use one of 12 different chat-up lines. Each complimented an aspect of a woman’s body or appearance.
Researchers measured the success rate of each line in two ways - their success at prompting any response and their success at launching a longer conversation - one going back and forth at least four times.
Complimenting a woman’s lips was the most successful overall, but other lines worked best in particular countries.
American, French, Italian or Brazilian women were more responsive to “You dress beautifully”. British women preferred praise for their legs.
Behavioural psychologist Jo Hemmings said women responded best to compliments about their lips because it’s a bold approach that seems more personal.
“What many women want is for men to take the initiative and not be wishy-washy,” the Scotsman quoted Hemmings as saying.
“A lot of men on dating sites send a sort of generic message and women recognise something that hasn’t been customised for them.” (ANI)
- Spanish women are 'world's greatest flirts' - Nov 04, 2010
- Chat-up lines are the way to a woman's heart - Aug 27, 2010
- Women find chivalrous men 'more attractive' - Oct 23, 2010
- Athens named 'world's most flirtatious city' - Mar 01, 2011
- 'Commoner' bride Kate not uncommon among royals: Study - Apr 29, 2011
- Myths about dating debunked - Sep 21, 2010
- Andrew Garfield finds using chat-up lines 'inappropriate and crass' - Feb 01, 2011
- Study reveals that Americans are the coolest people in the world - Sep 06, 2011
- Forget feminism when it comes to your love life - Dec 09, 2010
- `PM should have spelt out concrete steps against corruption' - Feb 16, 2011
- 'Hi sexy!' Sexist comment or compliment? - Mar 03, 2012
- Climate talks near finale with agreements still on hold - Dec 10, 2010
- Five styles of flirting identified - Nov 01, 2010
- Survey says that 'Germans are the least funny nationality' - Jun 08, 2011
- Women more likely to stray in relationships - Aug 23, 2011
Tags: appearance, bold approach, brazilian women, british women, chat up lines, compliments, dating sites, french italian, generic message, hemmings, initiative, internet chat, least four times, legs, lips, new survey, psychologist, scotsman, success rate, two ways