Yesteryear stars come alive on VHIMW rampSeptember 3rd, 2011 - 8:54 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 3 (IANS) Raj Kapoor?s folded trousers, Dev Anand?s trademark style of draping stoles around his neck and the eclectic energy of Shammi Kapoor — all came alive at the ongoing Van Heusen India Men’s Week (VHIMW) here Saturday in designer Krishna Mehta’s show.
The energy in the show was evident from the very beginning as the thumping beats in the background set the mood of the audience who tapped their feet and swayed to the music till they were surprised by the models who came from all corners of the Main Show Area (MSA) and made their way to the ramp.
The high-energy background score kept the mood going, not to forget popular numbers like ?Aaja Aaja Mein Hun Pyaar Tera?, ?Yahoo, Chahein Koi Mujhe Junglee Kahey?, ?Gata Rahein Mera Dil? belting out from the loudspeakers with modern techno-beats.
?I wanted it to be high-energy show targeted at youth. It was a tribute to yesteryear?s heroes - Raj Kapoor, Shammiji and Dev Sahab. The models enacted many moods and gestures of these stars while walking the ramp,? Mehta told IANS.
The designer used eco-friendly fabrics like cotton, silk and linen to create designs which were a blend of past and present trends. One could see kurtas, crickled jackets, achkans, bandhgalas and heavily-embroidered sherwanis teamed with torn-jeans and slim-fit trousers.
?The idea was to show how you can mix your past with present and wear it in a beautiful way with a little bit of twist. Fashion will always come and go, but it is your own sense of styling and dressing that makes a statement at the end of the day,? she said.
?Keeping in mind the comfort of the youth, I teamed up traditional outfits with modern wear,? she added.
- Katrina, Imran bring curtains down at VHIMW - Sep 05, 2011
- It's stylish dhotis for Arjun Khanna at Men's Week - Sep 03, 2011
- Shahab Durazi, Arjun Khanna collections steal show at Couture Week - Oct 11, 2010
- Irrfan Khan walks ramp for Rohit-Abhishek at mens week - Sep 04, 2011
- What gives Nargis Fakhri cold feet? - Feb 19, 2012
- 'Jewel Thief' hit to feature in 'Ragini MMS' - Apr 13, 2011
- Young designers shine at Pakistan fashion week - Mar 30, 2011
- Prateik is very spontaneous: Kalki Koelchin - Oct 09, 2011
- 'Khoya khoya chand' - Some of Dev Anand's hit songs - Dec 04, 2011
- Dev Anand was stylish and well-read: Vyjayanthimala - Dec 06, 2011
- Wearability factor gets prominence at LFW - Aug 05, 2012
- Shahab Durazi, Arjun Khanna Clothsline A Huge Success At The Couture Week - Oct 12, 2010
- Celebrities? Who knows? But trends for sure at men's week (Curtainraiser) - Sep 01, 2011
- Reinvention important for every actor: Deepika - Mar 27, 2010
- R.K. Narayan's 'Guide' comes to Indian stage in theatrical avatar (Preview) (With image) - Mar 13, 2012
Tags: beautiful way, cotton silk, dev anand, gata, gestures, high energy, junglee, koi, krishna mehta, loudspeakers, moods, raj kapoor, ramp, shammi kapoor, stoles, torn jeans, trademark style, traditional outfits, van heusen, yesteryear