Women’s best way to chat-up men is a direct no-nonsense approachApril 7th, 2009 - 2:30 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Apr 7 (ANI): Want to chat up a man? Well, then give jumbled cues and small talks a miss, for the way to a man’s heart is direct, no-nonsense conversation.
According to The Daily Mail, sober lines like “Fancy dinner?” or “Can I give you my number?” avoid confusion and guarantee success when landing a man, a study found.
As per Bucknell University researchers, men have a tough time figuring out hints, even if they are accompanied by flirty body language.
To reach the conclusion, scientists asked a group of women for their top chat-up lines. They took the 50 most common answers and asked 70 men and women how well they thought they would work.
Men found a direct approach, such as an invitation to dinner or the cinema, the most appealing. Exchanges of phone numbers scored next best with the male volunteers, followed by indirect invitations, including “Do you have plans later?” and “What are you up to tonight?”.
The women also rated the direct approach the most highly but were also impressed with those lines which were designed to pin down common interests, the journal Personality and Individual Differences reported.
Humorous lines, such as “Your shirt matches my bedspread - you belong in my bed”, fared poorly, the study found.
“The direct indication of a possible date as well as the hint of a possible date gives the man a clear signal instead of sending mixed non-verbal signals that the man must decipher,” The Couriermail quoted psychologist Dr Joel Wade, as saying.
He added that straightforward suggestions removed any “uncertainty regarding the outcome of the interaction”. (ANI)
- 'You have beautiful lips' - best Internet chat-up line for men to use - Dec 15, 2010
- Chat-up lines are the way to a woman's heart - Aug 27, 2010
- Girls love it when men use cheesy chat up lines - Sep 28, 2009
- Supermodel claims Prince Charles asked her for 'private catwalk show' - Jan 12, 2011
- Andrew Garfield finds using chat-up lines 'inappropriate and crass' - Feb 01, 2011
- Myths about dating debunked - Sep 21, 2010
- What do Kiwi women want in their men? - Oct 31, 2010
- Women find chivalrous men 'more attractive' - Oct 23, 2010
- Girls love a man in red - Aug 05, 2010
- Half of single Brit women use cheesy chat-up lines to approach men! - Jun 11, 2008
- First dance makes men more nervous than first kiss! - Feb 12, 2010
- It's personality over looks for Pixie Lott - Jan 08, 2012
- CBS College Sports To Air Patriot League Championship - Jan 27, 2011
- Office boredom drives men to flirt - Apr 22, 2012
- Men say 'I love you' before women in anticipation of sex in relationship - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: bedspread, body language, bucknell university, chat up lines, clear signal, common interests, couriermail, cues, daily mail, dr joel, fancy dinner, group of women, guarantee success, journal personality and individual differences, male volunteers, nonsense approach, personality and individual differences, straightforward suggestions, university researchers, verbal signals