Women’d save a lot if they listened to their heartMay 16th, 2012 - 12:23 am ICT by IANS
London, May 15 (IANS) Women will be better off if they followed their personal choice instead of the opposite sex’s while seeking fashion advice, says a new British study.
Many men admitted they were too scared to offer their true opinion on their partner’s wardrobe tastes while 70 per cent said they didn’t want to hurt their other half’s feelings when they were posed with the question: Does my bum look big in this?, the Daily Mail reported.
As a study has found, women waste 2 billion pounds (over $3 billion) a year on buying clothes that don’t fit or suit them.
In a survey commissioned by online clothing retailer very.co.uk, many men admitted it was easier to lie than tell their partners: “Yes, your bum does look too big in that.”
“The ‘does my bum look big in this’ question can be a tricky one for British men, particularly when it’s put to them just outside a busy changing room in a department store,” said Julie Donnelly, a spokesperson for Very.co.uk .
One in 10 said they felt an honest answer would upset their partner and ruin their weekend. While a quarter of them admitted that they lied to their partners so that they wouldn’t have to carry on shopping.
One in five men also feared a negative comment would not be forgotten and “used against them at a later date”.
- Britain turning a nation of fibbers - Aug 29, 2012
- 6 in 10 Brit women feel bored because of 'endless housework, dull sex life' - Nov 12, 2010
- Average Brit woman owns 12 items of clothing that do not fit - Oct 08, 2010
- Every woman has 22 useless items in her closet - Jan 27, 2011
- One third of women duck the truth when asked about ex-partners - Jul 19, 2010
- Hairy chests are out: Clean-shaven torsos in - Jul 18, 2012
- A third of women dislike cuddling - Nov 05, 2011
- Kelly Osbourne is too honest - Nov 06, 2011
- Brit women spend more on themselves during Christmas - Dec 03, 2010
- Big bums are women's biggest fear - Apr 19, 2011
- Kylie Minogue's wardrobe is without hanger - May 06, 2010
- 70 percent single British women have unprotected sex - May 31, 2012
- Half of Brit men look at boobs before face - Feb 18, 2010
- Two thirds of women crave for a perfect pair of denims! - Jan 23, 2011
- Childhood friendship kept Arctic Monkeys together - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: british men, bum, changing room, clothes, clothing retailer, daily mail, department store, fashion advice, feelings, five men, heart, honest answer, julie donnelly, london, many men, personal choice, shopping, spokesperson, wardrobe