Women prefer ‘men with longer ring fingers’April 20th, 2011 - 5:07 pm ICT by ANI
London, April 20 (ANI): A study has found that men whose ring fingers are longer than their index fingers are seen as better bets by women.
By contrast those seen as wimpier sorts will have longer index fingers.
It is thought that exposure to high levels of testosterone in the womb has a long-lasting effect on finger-length - and on looks.
The study is the latest in a long line to link the shape of man’s hands with his path in life, reports the Daily Mail.
British, French and Swiss researchers photographed 49 young men and measured the length of their ring and index fingers.
They also recorded their voices and took swabs to capture general odour. They then showed a group of women the photos and asked them to rate the men’s looks.
Those whose ring fingers were longer than their index fingers were more likely to win the women’s approval. They were seen as good prospects for both a fling and a long-term relationship.
Stirling University researcher Craig Roberts said exposure to testosterone in the womb likely affects facial structure as well as finger length. Having a long ring finger confers a host of other benefits.
For instance, scientists believe the longer a man’s ring finger is compared to his index finger, the richer he is likely to be.
They claim he is also likely to be a promiscuous, extroverted go-getter with strong muscles and has a greater likelihood of playing a musical instrument.
Unfortunately such men also have a higher chance of ending up in prison, being murdered or going mad.
The study has been published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society reports. (ANI)
- Ring finger length linked to male libido - Sep 06, 2011
- Finger length predicts prostate cancer risk: Study - Dec 01, 2010
- Early humans more promiscuous than modern-day people - Nov 04, 2010
- High hormone levels drove cavemen to promiscuity - Nov 04, 2010
- Long ring finger may mean you're at prostate cancer risk - Jul 21, 2010
- Alpha males take greater initiative in love, sports - Nov 10, 2010
- Neanderthals were more promiscuous than modern humans - Nov 03, 2010
- Alpha males take greater risks in relationships: Study - Nov 10, 2010
- Technophobia 'sprouts up while we are still in the womb' - Oct 14, 2010
- Men with ring fingers longer than indexes run faster - Mar 14, 2009
- Men with long ring fingers drive faster, ignore traffic rules - Sep 10, 2009
- Fear of new technology begins in womb - Oct 14, 2010
- Ring finger length can predict financial success - Jan 13, 2009
- Men with long ring finger 'three times more likely to get prostate cancer' - Jul 21, 2010
- Mens fingers can reveal there tight-fistedness - Jan 14, 2009
Tags: craig roberts, daily mail, facial structure, finger length, fling, getter, group of women, index finger, index fingers, journal proceedings, long term relationship, musical instrument, proceedings of the royal society, promiscuous, ring finger, ring fingers, stirling university, swiss researchers, university researcher, womb