Women more nostalgic than men about sex with exSeptember 21st, 2012 - 11:46 am ICT by IANS
London, Sep 21 (IANS) A study in Britain has found more women than men look back with longing on past relationships and admit to having had better sex with their ex than their current partner.
The survey of 1,100 men and women by sex toy retailer Lovehoney found a total of 38 percent of women confessed having the best sex of lives in a previous relationship. However, just 29 percent of men said their best sex was with an ex, Daily Mail reported.
According to Sex expert Tracey Cox, the “grass is greener” sexual syndrome isn’t new, as she says: “Women don’t tend to marry the guy they had great sex with. They marry for more ’sensible’ attributes - like whether he’ll be loyal and a good father.”
“I get lots of emails from women saying they love their husbands but fantasise about sex with their exes. They don’t regret not choosing them as long-term mates, but they do miss the great sex they had.”
Responses gathered from both the genders also revealed that sex gets better with age with just seven percent of both — women and men — naming their first love as their best lover.
Casual sex was no match for “committed love-making” with both men and women in agreeing that what makes the best sex is “love” and “passion”.
Only four percent of the women and three percent of the men said their best sex was a one night stand and just one percent of both sexes described a holiday fling as their best sex.
Where the responses differ in the poll are in the levels of sexual satisfaction with their current partners, as 62 percent women and 71 percent of men said that their best sex was with their current partner.
- Cheating is the norm, not exception, in men - Jan 09, 2012
- 'Fat days' lower men's confidence in the bedroom - Jul 27, 2010
- Facebook makes it harder for broken hearts to heal - Sep 21, 2012
- Women find men with smouldering eyes 'shifty' - May 13, 2012
- Men likelier to commit faster than women: Survey - Feb 04, 2011
- Even men can feel as unattractive as women - Jul 27, 2010
- Women in 40s have better sex lives - Oct 04, 2010
- Cuddling vital for long-term happiness among couples - Jul 05, 2011
- Only 20 percent Russians happy with their sex life - Apr 07, 2012
- Baby boomers unhappiest with their sex lives: Study - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,