Women ‘more likely to buy gifts for their pets than partners’March 31st, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by ANI
London, March 31 (ANI): A new research has revealed that women are more likely to buy presents for their pets and bosses than partners.
Fifty percent of mothers said that they had around 100 pounds per month in disposable income, reports the Daily Express.
Two-thirds lavished money on their children, while 10 per cent bought gifts for their boss.
Fifteen per cent used their spare cash to treat themselves to clothes, cosmetics or holidays.
One in 10 said they used their disposable income to buy gifts for their pets.
But just one per cent spent cash on husbands or boyfriends, according to research by fashion retailers Peacocks.
Men are at the bottom of the pecking order - least likely to be indulged by wives or girlfriends.
“Our latest research shows that when it comes to treating their family, mothers are more likely to treat their furry friend than their husband,” said Lisa Bond, Peacocks’ marketing director.
“Deservedly, mothers are also partial to a self-gift,” she said. (ANI)
- Women buy gifts for bosses, pets, not for partners - Apr 01, 2011
- British kids lending cash to hard-up parents - Aug 11, 2012
- 80pc Brits won't date someone who doesn't like their pooch! - Feb 12, 2011
- Mistresses 'receive more lavish holiday gifts than wives' - Dec 14, 2010
- More than half of UK men do most of the cooking at home - Mar 23, 2011
- 6 out of 10 dogs in UK are obese - Jul 26, 2010
- Pooches are singles' best bedmates - Sep 25, 2010
- Men cutting back on Valentine's Day gifts: Study - Feb 10, 2011
- Suspicious wives more likely than husbands to check e-mails, SMSes - May 24, 2010
- Brit women spend more on themselves during Christmas - Dec 03, 2010
- Study reveals that Men prefer mum's cooking - Mar 16, 2012
- Snoring killing Oz women's sex lives - Oct 07, 2010
- Educated wives 'more likely to encourage husbands to be healthy' - Oct 06, 2009
- Mumbaikars top list of online shoppers: Assocham - Jul 03, 2011
- Mariah Carey receives diamond-studded iPad as wedding anniversary gift - May 04, 2010
Tags: boss, boyfriends, clothes, cosmetics, daily express, disposable income, fashion retailers, furry friend, holidays, lisa bond, london march, marketing, money, peacocks, pecking order, pets, two thirds