Women make style statements with hats at royal weddingApril 29th, 2011 - 8:00 pm ICT by IANS
London, April 29 (IANS) From simple, elegant to elaborate hats enhanced with nets, lace and feathers - women made style statements with hats and other headgear in various shapes and shades at the Westminster Abbey where royal couple Kate Middleton and Prince Williams exchanged wedding vows Friday.
Most of the women guests came in knee-length dresses in neutral to bright shades like blues, pinks, yellows and greens that boasted of elegant cuts and styles and they matched it with hats and other headgear.
Singer-turned fashion designer Victoria Beckham, who was one amongst the first guests to arrive at Westminster Abbey with her footballer husband David, wore a navy blue dress, which she designed herself. She acessorised it with an elegant Philip Treacy pillbox hat and a pair of Christian Louboutin stilettos customised in collaboration with Louboutin himself, reports telegraph.co.uk.
Chelsy Davy, Prince Harry’s on-off girlfriend, came dressed in a wide-neck turquoise two-piece knee-length outfit with a bow on the back. Instead of a hat, she wore a flat cap with a net covering half her face.
Kate’s mother, Carol, chose to attend her daughter’s wedding in a sky blue wool crepe coat dress and hat by Jane Corbett, while Kate’s only sister Pippa, wore a mermaid fitted scoopy pretty cowl-neck white gown by American standards sans any hat.
Queen Elizabeth came in a bright yellow crepe wool primerose dress beaded at the neck and with a matching hat with silk roses and the entire outfit was by designer Angela Kelly.
Prime Minister David Cameron’s wife, Samantha Cameron, known for her good fashion sense, wore a teal sheath dress with elaborate pleats by Burberry, but she was one of the few guests who left her head bare.
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg’s wife, Miriam Gonzalez Duantez, wore the most eye-popping headwear, a huge flower-shaped hat in bright oranage that she teamed with a metallic and grey dress with black dots.
The Queen’s granddaughters were not far behind - Princess Eugenie wore an aqua-blue knee length dreas and a boat shaped hat decorated with white feathers, while her sister Beatrice chose a summery pale peach dress and her headgear was quite unusual — it was like a ribbon bow with several layers.
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, socialite and friend of Prince Charles, sported a British designer Stephen Jonesan creation at the wedding. She wore a bright royal blue dress and accessorised it with a matching boat-shaped pillbox hat with a flower in the middle.
- Kate Winslet donates her couture to charity at fundraising gala - Mar 22, 2011
- Men in black, beauties in gowns ruled IIFA green carpet - Jun 06, 2010
- When fashion went boho and vintage (2011 in Retrospect) - Dec 16, 2011
- Minogue wants dresses with flattering arms - Jun 29, 2011
- Pippa Middleton: Playing the perfect maid of honour - Apr 29, 2011
- Now make-it-yourself Kate, William paper dolls - Apr 04, 2011
- Sarah Burton is the dress designer for Kate Middleton - Apr 29, 2011
- Kate Middleton wears red Alexander McQueen dress for Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations - Jun 04, 2012
- Fairytale wedding for Will-Kat - world hopes happily ever after - Apr 29, 2011
- Chinese brides-to-be eye Kate's wedding gown - May 04, 2011
- Kate Middleton best dressed bride, say Indian designers - Apr 29, 2011
- 'With so much love in your hearts' - Apr 28, 2011
- Pippa Middleton's dress steals the show at the Royal wedding - Apr 30, 2011
- Anne Hathaway Mimics Kate Middleton On 'Saturday Night Live' - Nov 24, 2010
- Queen wears an Angela Kelly outfit at CHOGM - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: bright shades, chelsy davy, chelsy davy prince harry, christian louboutin, crepe wool, david cameron, grey dress, kate middleton, miriam gonzalez, nick clegg, oranage, philip treacy, pillbox hat, prince williams, sheath dress, silk roses, style statements, victoria beckham, westminster abbey, wife miriam