Women happier than men - but only by 15mins a dayMarch 11th, 2010 - 1:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Mar 11 (ANI): When it comes to how much pleasure we get out of life, its the women who walk away smiling.
But the difference between ladies’ happiness and men’s is only 15 minutes a day, reports The Courier Mail.
According to Social Policy Research Centre fellow Dr Roger Patulny, from the University of NSW, both men and women enjoy watching television and hanging around the house - however, men have more “negative” time during their day.
“If you add up all the times together - the good times and the bad times - men have about 10 minutes less time that they enjoy than women in a day and six minutes more time that they dislike,” he said.
Both sexes liked their leisure - looking after children and voluntary work - but women did more of those pleasurable activities.
“Women tend to enjoy the things that they do with their time more than men do,” Dr Patulny said. The biggest negative for women was housework: 90 minutes of it every day. (ANI)
- Women 'more happier with life than men' - Dec 01, 2009
- Women work a 'double shift' at office and in home is a myth: Study - Aug 05, 2010
- Women suffer more than men while commuting - Aug 24, 2011
- Women involved in leisure activities consume less alcohol - Feb 08, 2011
- Men work equally hard at home - Aug 05, 2010
- Working Aussie women refusing to share workload at home - Apr 17, 2011
- Why smart men date less intelligent women - Mar 07, 2011
- Moscow laziest city in Russia: Survey - Jun 07, 2011
- Men enjoy more leisure time than women - Mar 09, 2010
- Oz women high on weight and work, but low on sex: Survey - Oct 12, 2010
- Leisure 'as important as keeping cholesterol levels in check' - Feb 06, 2011
- 82pc of Brit women still do housework despite fight for equality - Oct 13, 2010
- A third of women dislike cuddling - Nov 05, 2011
- For a better day at work, smile like you mean it - Feb 23, 2011
- Aussie dads lead world in parenting - Mar 22, 2010
Tags: 15 minutes, both sexes, courier mail, fellow, good times, happiness, housework, melbourne, men and women, negative time, pleasurable activities, pleasure, policy research centre, six minutes, social policy research, social policy research centre, times men, voluntary work, watching television