Women find men with head full of hair sexierMarch 29th, 2009 - 4:01 pm ICT by ANI
London, Mar 29 (ANI): Unlucky in love? Well, as phony as it may sound, but women are not very fond of men with receding hairline.
That’s the conclusion of a new research, which found that ladies looking for love on dating websites are five times more likely to contact men with a full head of hair than those who are thinning on top.
The shocking two-month experiment was conducted on behalf of hair loss treatment specialists Maximum Hair.
The research has posted two profiles on a variety of popular Internet forums. The snaps used were of the same man - except one was doctored to show him thinning on top and the other with a full head of hair.
In both the images the man was dressed identically. And said he was looking for love as a successful, professional, 30-year-old male, based in London with interests in sport, music and travel.
From the analyses, it was found that the man with a full head of hair received 108 responses, compared with 22 received by the page showing him with thinning and receding hair.
“People inevitably make judgments based on first visual impressions and it appears that beauty is not only skin deep but that many Britons have follicle foibles,” The Telegraph quoted Andreas Adamides, chief executive officer of Maximum Hair, as saying.
“The research illustrates that many women are attracted by men with a full head of hair, which historically has been related to virility.
“This social experiment illustrates that in the world of online dating a person’s photo is far more important than their personality profile,” Andreas said. (ANI)
- Bringing your crowning glory back - the Sehwag, Kallis way! - May 11, 2011
- Discovery to help balding men regrow hair - Jun 26, 2012
- Hair loss reduces prostate cancer risk in men - Mar 18, 2010
- Coming soon: Cloned hair follicles to cure baldness! - May 01, 2011
- Bald and beautiful: Women take the bold cut (Feature) - Nov 14, 2011
- New Royal coin downplays Will's bald patch in commemorative medal - Feb 12, 2011
- Lowly yoghurt could boost male virility too - May 09, 2012
- Male pattern balding 'due to stem cell inactivation' - Jan 05, 2011
- A stem cell cure for bald pates - Dec 20, 2010
- Hope for baldness cure - Apr 30, 2012
- Sarkozy's biopic may upset his applecart ahead of elections - Aug 31, 2010
- Baldness cure may lie in stem cells - Jun 14, 2009
- 'Force' - action speaks louder than words (IANS Movie Review - Rating: ***) - Oct 01, 2011
- A cure for baldness 'could be available in 5 years' - Dec 16, 2010
- Gene that regulates hair growth identified - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: britons, chief executive officer, dating websites, foibles, hair loss treatment, head of hair, internet forums, judgments, ladies looking for love, looking for love, personality profile, profiles, receding hair, receding hairline, social experiment, telegraph, treatment specialists, unlucky in love, virility, visual impressions