Women can be more promiscuous than menMay 19th, 2012 - 11:35 am ICT by IANS
London, May 19 (IANS) A new study has suggested that when it comes to being sexually unfaithful while being away from home, women tend to rack up more lovers than men.
The UK Adultery Survey 2012 found that once women decide to play away, they are far more likely to play the field in search of love.
Research into the behaviour of 4,000 people suggested that women are more promiscuous, having an average of 2.3 secret lovers compared to a mere 1.8 for men, the Daily Mail reported.
While explaining their reasons to cheat, the men say the pursuit of sexual excitement, boredom with their marriages and the need of an ego boost are the main causes. Women say their reasons could be anything from looking for emotional fulfillment, an improvement to their self esteem to romance.
Women adulterers are also far more prone to falling in love with their illicit lovers than their male equivalents.
According to Emily Pope of Undercover Lovers, a dating site for married people seeking affairs with some 600,000 members, the survey’s results challenged the general assumption that men are more adulterous than women.
“Once they have made the huge decision to have an affair, women have far more opportunity to actually find someone to cheat with and are generally in control of deciding if and when to consummate the relationship once they do,” she said.
The survey also found that women are likely to be the first to get itchy feet in a marriage.
- British wives drawn to cheat hubbies - Jun 21, 2011
- Your voice can tell if you are likely to stray - Mar 06, 2011
- High esteem prompts powerful women to stray - Apr 28, 2011
- Want to know if your mate will cheat? Listen to their voice - Mar 05, 2011
- 77pc of divorced man don't regret cheating: Study - Nov 21, 2010
- Men 'more likely to continue dating girlfriends who cheat with women' - Jan 28, 2011
- Men don't mind girlfriends sleeping with other women - Jan 28, 2011
- Only 15pc of Brit women who cheat get caught by partners - Dec 02, 2010
- The 70 ways that boredom can kill a marriage - Apr 25, 2011
- 'Country folk in UK likelier to cheat on partners than city counterparts' - Mar 28, 2011
- Adultery sites reveal secrets of human nature - Oct 31, 2010
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- Cheating is the norm, not exception, in men - Jan 09, 2012
- Britain turns into a country of snackers - Oct 10, 2010
- Powerful people 'likelier to cheat', irrespective of gender! - Apr 28, 2011
Tags: adulterers, adultery, assumption, boredom, daily mail, dating site, ego, emotional fulfillment, equivalents, home women, illicit lovers, itchy feet, marriage, pope, promiscuous, romance, secret lovers, self esteem, sexual excitement, survey also found that