Women buy gifts for bosses, pets, not for partnersApril 1st, 2011 - 9:21 am ICT by IANS
London, April 1 (IANS) Women across the world buy more presents for their pets and bosses rather than their partners.
Half of British women interviewed said they had around 100 pounds per month in disposable income. Around two-thirds is spent lavishly on their children while 10 percent bought gifts for their boss, the Daily Express reported.
At least 15 percent use their spare cash to treat themselves to clothes, cosmetics or holidays. One in 10 women said they bought gifts for their pets. But just one percent spent money on husbands or boyfriends, according to research by fashion retailers Peacocks.
“Our latest research shows that when it comes to treating their family, mothers are more likely to treat their furry friend than their husband,” said Lisa Bond, Peacocks’ marketing director.
- Women 'more likely to buy gifts for their pets than partners' - Mar 31, 2011
- China's rich spend $7 bn during spring holidays - Feb 02, 2012
- Bihar village dreams big for its peacocks! - May 15, 2012
- US shoppers spend record $52.4 bn on Thanksgiving weekend - Nov 29, 2011
- Zac Efron donates clothes to charity - Dec 10, 2011
- They're making most of plunging necklines in life! - Mar 30, 2012
- Adele splurges on nursery - Jul 13, 2012
- British ladies carry rotten fish to sex toys in handbags! - Nov 26, 2011
- 33 pc Brits would rather spend Valentine's Day with pets than lovers! - Feb 14, 2011
- Pooches are singles' best bedmates - Sep 25, 2010
- Herbergers Starts The Day Early For Black Friday - Nov 26, 2010
- Mistresses 'receive more lavish holiday gifts than wives' - Dec 14, 2010
- Shopping fever takes over urban Chinese women - Aug 25, 2010
- Poaching, illness killing peacocks near Delhi - Aug 25, 2012
- Mariah Carey receives diamond-studded iPad as wedding anniversary gift - May 04, 2010
Tags: 10 women, april 1, boss, boyfriends, british women, clothes, cosmetics, daily express, disposable income, fashion retailers, furry friend, gifts for bosses, holidays, lisa bond, london, marketing, money, peacocks, pets, two thirds