Women buy 8 out of 10 wine bottles to drink at homeApril 2nd, 2009 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 2 (ANI): Women have invaded men’s terrain a little further - a new study has found that ladies buy eight out of 10 bottles of wine to drink at home.
The study, which shows women as the major buyers of wine, prompts experts to urge wine brands to cater for feminine tastes, reports The Sun.
According to the UK study, 55 per cent of the 1,300 British women quizzed said that red wine was their favourite, followed by 35 per cent who favour white wine and seven per cent rose.
More than half of the British women questioned for Vinexpo said they were not put off by health warnings.
Around 4,306 women across the UK, France, Germany, Japan and the USA were questioned. (ANI)
- Brits spend more on wine than the French - Jan 13, 2011
- Brits 'can't differentiate between cheap plonk and fine wine' - Apr 14, 2011
- Women'd save a lot if they listened to their heart - May 16, 2012
- Tourist inflow to northeast rises - Dec 09, 2010
- China's wine production set to overtake Australia's in next three years - Jan 25, 2011
- Wine served at royal wedding bags top prize - May 18, 2011
- Women 'get drunk before having sex because they lack confidence' - Mar 13, 2011
- WC soccer mania to make Brit footie fans 10lbs fatter - Jun 10, 2010
- Most wine drinkers can't tell the cheap from expensive - Apr 14, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Wine outperforms gold, oil - Dec 03, 2010
- Brit women 'care about their looks more than health' - Jan 29, 2011
- South Africa pushes its fruity presses in Indian wine mart (With Image) - Jun 07, 2012
- No kids 'the secret to marital bliss' - Mar 01, 2011
- Indian youth gets more attracted to wine - May 22, 2009