Woman sues airline for killing her pet dogJanuary 10th, 2012 - 8:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 10 (IANS) A woman in China has sued an airline and demanded about 38,000 yuan (over $6,000) in damages over her dog’s death who was shot dead on an airport runway in Hainan province ostensibly to ensure safety.
The pet owner surnamed Ni accused the airline of not giving a proper explanation for the dog’s death and sued it in Beijing, the Shanghai Daily reported.
“I paid 136 yuan for my pet’s flight from Beijing to Kaikou, but she wasn’t in good care. The Hainan Airlines apparently violated the contract,” the daily cited Beijing Morning Post quoting Ni as saying.
As per the airport authorities, the woman’s white puppy, named Ge Ge, escaped from a plastic cage that got loose on the luggage carousel and ran toward the runway Jan 2. The airport staff tried to get the dog but failed. As another plane was scheduled to land a minute later, the little dog had to be shot, the airport authorities maintained.
The woman watched a video footage later and wondered how could her dog run away from its cage.
“Besides, the cage lid was not pushed open. It was opened by someone and the belt fastening the cage wasn’t torn,” said Ni.
- Beijing airport begging ring busted - Jul 18, 2012
- Now, one-dog policy to counter Shanghai's burgeoning population - Nov 11, 2010
- Etihad starts codeshare flights with Chinese carrier - Mar 02, 2012
- Delta Airlines Loses Dog And Invites Owners' Wrath - May 12, 2010
- Dog scare at Pakistani Kashmir airport! - Jan 11, 2012
- Chinese can now send off dead pets at disposal plants - Dec 20, 2011
- Beijing to build world's busiest airport - Feb 26, 2012
- Moore and Adams adopt new dog - Dec 04, 2010
- Another plane overshoots runway in China - Aug 27, 2010
- Chinese aviation industry profits shrink - May 08, 2012
- Girl locked in cage with wolves - Apr 06, 2012
- Delta Airline loses dog - May 12, 2010
- Daughter pays the price... - Mar 27, 2012
- Rooting for the underdog! (Feature) - Sep 25, 2011
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
Tags: airline, airport authorities, airport runway, airport staff, beijing morning post, china, damages, fastening, hainan airlines, little dog, luggage carousel, pet owner, plastic cage, proper explanation, puppy, shanghai, video footage, yuan