Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week begins Oct 23September 20th, 2010 - 9:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 20 (IANS) One of the Asia’s largest fashion trade events, the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week (Spring/Summer 2011 edition) will be held here Oct 23-27.
Hosted by the India’s apex fashion body, the Fashion Design Council of India (FDCI), the event will be held in Pragati Maidan and will have an exciting assemblage of exquisite lounges, plush salons, exotic on-site restaurants and novel exhibition cafe counters.
“WIFW brings a new season of refreshing talent, exciting colour palettes and clothing construction. This edition of WIFW will open doors to manifold trade opportunities through larger participation by designers, buyers, sponsors and the fashion fraternity,” FDCI president Sunil Sethi said in a statement.
“With the belief of our stakeholders and the dream of taking the industry from strength to strength we look forward to another edition of the business of fashion,” he added.
FDCI will be making special arrangements to ensure that the venue is “tailor-made” for an event of such enormity.
“Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week is India’s grandest celebration of fashion. The coming together of India’s leading designers, international buyers and support from all sponsors at this unique platform is a reflection of the event’s stature and grandeur,” ITC Lifestyle’s divisional chief executive Atul Chand said.
“With a spectacular show of the Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2010 edition, we look forward to another successful season of serious business of fashion,” he added
- WIFW Autumn-Winter 2011 to start April 6 - Dec 16, 2010
- Business, not Bollywood, in focus at WIFW: FDCI chief - Oct 07, 2011
- WIFW Autumn/Winter 2012 to start Feb 15 - Dec 02, 2011
- Shantanu-Nikhil to open WIFW 2012 - Jan 31, 2012
- Designers work overtime, say WIFW important for business - Apr 01, 2011
- Japanese designers to showcase at WIFW - Feb 07, 2012
- 63 designers finalised for WIFW spring/summer edition - Sep 14, 2012
- 138 designers to participate in WIFW autumn-winter 2012 - Jan 27, 2012
- Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week opens March 24 - Jan 29, 2010
- WIFW widens horizon - fuses fashion with social cause (IANS Preview) - Feb 14, 2012
- WIFW to continue with fashion quiz - Apr 04, 2011
- Business at fashion week broke all records: FDCI chief (Review) - Oct 13, 2011
- Wills Fashion Week features designers Nidhi, Divya Gambhir - Oct 26, 2010
- Tarun Tahiliani to present WIFW grand finale - Sep 29, 2010
- Designer Soni showcases 'cocktail' collection at Delhi's Wills Fashion Week - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: assemblage, autumn winter, clothing construction, colour palettes, enormity, fashion body, fashion design council of india, fashion trade, fdci, grandeur, india fashion week, itc, maidan, serious business, spring summer, stature, strength to strength, sunil sethi, trade opportunities, wills lifestyle india fashion week