Why heels are good for women’s health and sex lives as wellMay 7th, 2009 - 5:31 pm ICT by ANI
London, May 7 (ANI): They say super-stilettos can ruin ladies’ feet, but now experts are warning that flat shoes can be just as dangerous.
In fact, docs are urging people to walk in sexy heels to keep their feet healthy.
The claims are being substantiated by the finding that foot injuries are on a rise, courtesy ballet pumps and flip-flops, reports The Sun.
Although comfortable, flat shoes can cause severe foot pain, bunions, shooting pains in the shins, back aches and even arthritis.
Mike O’Neill, consultant podiatric surgeon and spokesman for the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists, said: “Over the last three to four years we’ve had a significant increase in the number of problems caused be wearing flat shoes such as ballet pumps or flip flops. I’ve seen three or four just in the last week.”
If this is not enough for you, then here’s another reason why you should ditch those frumpy flats - heels boost sex life.
Surprisingly, Italian researchers have found women who wear a heel of one to two inches may have more fun between the sheets.
The body posture adopted while wearing heels improves the pelvic floor muscles, which help to create a mind-blowing climax.
O’Neill explains: “Very flat shoes worn for long periods of time can cause problems, and very high heels worn for long periods of time can also cause problems. The feet aren’t designed to work in either. The ideal heel size is
around an inch.”
However, the expert adds: “Flats are fine to wear for a couple of days a week but the problem arises when people wear them for six months at a time.” (ANI)
- Wearing flip-flops can be hazardous to health - Jul 29, 2010
- Pregnant women should avoid wearing high heels, say experts - Jun 15, 2010
- Pretty shoes can create ugly feet for women - May 23, 2011
- High heels may be harmful for womens health - Sep 22, 2008
- Flip-flops 'can cause injuries' - Jul 30, 2010
- 'Must-have' shoes harm 40pct women's feet - Sep 08, 2009
- Shoes With Heels Of 9-Inches, Titled 'Sky Heel', To Emerge In The Market Soon - Nov 16, 2010
- Watch your step - with high heels - May 20, 2010
- 'Worishofers' granny sandal shoes make their way into Hollywood - Jul 26, 2010
- High heels sexualising girls as young as three, warn parenting groups - Jun 14, 2010
- Wearing heels behind the wheel is hazardous for health - Oct 23, 2008
- Posh slams bunion reports - Jan 28, 2010
- Russia labour to beat Northern Ireland - Sep 08, 2012
- 34 minutes - the time it takes for a new pair of shoes to pinch! - Nov 27, 2010
- Swapping heels for flats can damage calves - Jul 17, 2010
Tags: body posture, chiropodists and podiatrists, ditch, flat shoes, foot injuries, foot pain, italian researchers, ladies feet, long periods of time, o neill, pelvic floor muscles, posture, sex life, sex lives, sexy heels, shins, society of chiropodists, society of chiropodists and podiatrists, stilettos, substantiated