Which colour suits your personality bestJune 4th, 2009 - 4:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 4 (ANI): Wearing the right colour can easily lift your mood. But how would one know what colour can do the trick for them?
Veronique Henderson, creative director of Colour Me Beautiful, Europe’s leading image consultants has now detailed what colour suits your personality best.
Her list of colours is as follows:
Red is associated with action, vitality and courage.
“If you are red-headed or have warm highlights make sure your chosen red is yellow-based. Think orange red or tomato. If you are pale and blonde go for a watermelon red. Those with dark hair and dark eyes should wear true reds and rubies,” The Daily Express quoted Veronique as saying.
“Orchids, hot pinks and cyclamens are fantastic for women with strong colouring while those with paler skin should keep their pinks pale and soft. Think blush pink or candy,” said Veronique.
Being the colour of nature, green brings a sense of calm so wear it if one is anxious. It highlights a person’s creative side and shows he or she is well balanced.
“All greens are great for redheads but sea greens and peppermint shades look fantastic on those with light complexions. Teal always looks fabulous on those with darker complexions,” said Veronique.
Purple is often associated with magic so it is no surprise it stimulates imagination and individuality and creates an air of mystery. Softer shades such as lavender show one’s caring side.
Dark-haired girls will look regal in darkish purple and it mixes well with most other colours. Think purple and lime for redheads and purple and pale blue for those with lighter hair.
Baby BlueBlue is a non-threatening, neutral colour, which gives those who wear it feelings of peace and tranquillity.
However Veronique said that one should always avoid wearing navy and white together because it will make them feel and look as if they are in uniform.
Oranges and Lemons
These playful colours bring out a person’s fun side and increase their sexual energy.
Look for these colours in patterns rather than wearing them in blocks of colour as it can be hard matching the right shade to one’s skin tone.
These colours look great on all redheads but for those having grey hair, they’re best avoided, said Veronique. (ANI)
- Bridal makeup: Less is more - Nov 13, 2011
- How to make safe and healthy herbal colours at home (To go with 'This Holi, play with a splash of safety') - Mar 05, 2012
- Go for jackets, dark colours this winter - Nov 11, 2010
- Best Nail Colors For Winter 2010: Experiment With Your Nails - Oct 12, 2010
- Car colour reflects your personality - Jul 27, 2011
- Bridal Look: Indian Brides Going Experimental - Dec 15, 2010
- Chuck white this summer, don coloured accessories - May 03, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Summer corporate wear? Try Peter Pan collar or shirtdress (With Images) - Apr 20, 2012
- Why we like the hues we do - Oct 02, 2010
- Indian brides cast off red - for purple, pink, mustard! - Sep 23, 2010
- The Saree seduction: Sexy actresses get traditional in songs - Feb 13, 2010
- 'Pink for a girl, blue for a boy' goes back to our hunter-gatherer past - Apr 27, 2011
- Indian clothes dominated Filmfare red carpet - Jan 30, 2011
- Hema, Esha add glamour at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 19, 2011
Tags: blueblue, colouring, creative director, creative side, cyclamens, daily express, dark eyes, dark hair, dark haired girls, image consultants, list of colours, oranges and lemons, pale blue, peppermint, pinks, redheads, rubies, sea greens, true reds, watermelon