Westminster Abbey To Witness The Historic Royal WeddingNovember 24th, 2010 - 7:15 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 24, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prince William and Kate Middleton have finally decided the venue of their wedding. The couple decided to mark the beginning of their marital status from Westminster Abbey on April 29, 2011. The event is going to be a big buzz, as EAST Lancashire business leaders have supported the Prime Minister’s decision to declare a public holiday on that day.
It is really generous of the Queen, that she wants the people of her country to participate in the special day of her grandson’s wedding. The couple had decided to invite 100 commoners to their wedding, through a random lucky draw. They were even more delighted when their decision to invite a handful of common masses was approved by the higher authorities, who are regarded as more conservative lot in United Kingdom. A source from the St James’ Palace planning committee said that the couple wanted the people to get involved with the event at a deeper level, than just enjoying a public holiday and conducting street parties.
The other guests who have been invited for the royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton are US President Barack Obama, U.S. First Lady Michelle Obama, Rod Stewart, Elton John, Diddy and several other leaders from different nations. The inner circle of the groom who have been invited are Thomas Van Straubenzee and Guy Pelly, two of Prince William’s closest friends; James Meade, a close friend of the bride; Luke and Mark Tomlinson the Polo playing royalty, who are their family friend and many more. Overall, there are supposed to be more than 3,500 guests at the Westminster Abbey on that day.
- Becks, Posh get an invitation to Prince William, Kate Middleton's wedding - Feb 21, 2011
- Over 1,900 people invited to William's wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- Wills-Kate invite 1,900 guests to their royal wedding - Feb 20, 2011
- Diana's friend Sarah not invited to Wills-Kate wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Wills-Kate 'to snub celebs expecting Royal wedding invite' - Feb 02, 2011
- All set for Will-Kat wedding - Apr 29, 2011
- Wills, Kate to ask for charity donations instead of wedding gifts - Jan 16, 2011
- ISS astronauts congratulate British royal couple - Apr 29, 2011
- Royal wedding route Kate Middleton will take to Abbey revealed - Jan 06, 2011
- Westminster Abbey 'likely to be Prince William's wedding venue' - Nov 18, 2010
- Prince William and Kate Middleton announce April wedding - Nov 24, 2010
- Duchess of York not invited to William's wedding - Feb 19, 2011
- Princess Di's family to occupy front row at Wills-Kate wedding - Apr 24, 2011
- Obamas will not be invited to Prince William's wedding - Dec 17, 2010
- Prince William to arrive at wedding venue on horseback? - Apr 02, 2011
Tags: barack obama, commoners, east lancashire, guy pelly, kate middleton, lancashire business, lucky draw, mark tomlinson, meena, michelle obama, prince william, prince william and kate, prince william and kate middleton, public holiday, royal wedding, st james palace, street parties, thomas van straubenzee, westminster abbey, william and kate