Wearability factor gets prominence at LFWAugust 5th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 5 (IANS) The wearability factor seems to have inspired most of the young designers at the ongoing Lakme Fashion Week-Winter Festive 2012. From Payal Kapoor, to Mayank Anand to Shraddha Nigam, they all presented collections appropriate for any occassion.
Payal Kapoor’s line Notes from the Raj has been inspired by the weavers of Benares.
“We have worked with the weavers from Benares. The motifs have been specially woven into georgette and the clothes have Indian embroidery on them,” Kapoor told IANS.
A range of tradition Indian women wear like long skirts, kurtas and lehengas comprised her collection and the highlight was show stopper Mini Mathur’s outfit. She dazzled on thr ramp in rich magenta gold zardozi lehenga, choli and dupatta.
An excited Mini said that “I love what I am wearing.”
“Of course, this is the showstopper’s dress, but the rest of the clothes are casual and something which you would love to wear in the evening,” Mini said.
Kapoor’s show was followed by designer duo Mayank Anand and Shraddha Nigam, knonw for the label Kapurthala.
“The line is vivacious, fun and flirty. The clothes are extremely wearable. The theme of the collection is Indian wear with a modern twist. We sat with weavers from all over India to come up with the garments,” said Shraddha who presented long skirts and funky blouses in bright colours like pink, red and blue.
She used fabrics like Kota doria, Chaampa, tussore, Kashmiri silks, Maheshwari and Bangalore silks.
- Payal Kapoor to revive Benaras motifs at LFW (With Images) - Jul 20, 2012
- Wearability, comfort are important for me: Debarun Mukherjee (With Images) - Aug 05, 2012
- Shyamal-Bhumika recreate royalty on LFW ramp - Aug 06, 2012
- Bridal collection, Bollywood dominated DCW (Review) (With Images) - Aug 13, 2012
- Vidya, Sridevi cheer for Sabyasachi show at LFW - Aug 20, 2011
- Festive wear makes a mark at Lakme Fashion Week - Sep 17, 2010
- Designers Pankaj-Nidhi offer Mughal era inspired clothes - Oct 07, 2010
- Bhairavi Jaikishan presents new style at LFW - Aug 06, 2012
- I'm a diehard Priyanka fan: Shraddha Kapoor - Aug 03, 2011
- Deepika Govind's new designs mix style, power - Nov 15, 2011
- 'Paparazzi' with Umrao Jaan, Lady Gaga at Lakme Fashion Week - Aug 17, 2011
- Tusshar's maiden visit to Golden Temple (Movie Snippets) - Mar 04, 2012
- Mallya Junior attends LFW show sans Deepika Padukone - Mar 14, 2011
- Indian weddings have become liberal: Shantanu and Nikhil - Aug 12, 2012
- My collection inspired by today's Marilyn Monroe: Ritu Beri - Aug 04, 2012
Tags: benares, bright colours, choli, doria, georgette, indian embroidery, indian women, kashmiri, kurtas, lakme fashion week, lehengas, lfw, long skirts, maheshwari, mini mathur, s line, show stopper, showstopper, silks, weavers